82 year old flight attendant won't quit

Old September 11th, 2006, 12:01 AM posted to misc.consumers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities
Bob Ward

Default 82 year old flight attendant won't quit

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 04:27:40 GMT, mrtravel
wrote:

Larry Bud wrote:
Magda wrote:

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 09:40:00 -0400, in alt.gossip.celebrities, "(PeteCresswell)"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... Per Magda:
... Not to mention those nasty nail
... clippers!
... Can somebody explain the nail clipper rationale to me?

Can't. There isn't any.

The "handle" could easily be made into a sharp object. You'd be
surprised what an enterprising young terrorist can do.

A wine bottle or Coke can can easily be made into sharp objects.

Surely you jest. Wine bottle, perhaps, but a coke can is about as
dangerous as a chewing gum wrapper.

Old September 11th, 2006, 02:19 AM posted to misc.consumers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities

wrote:

Larry Bud wrote:
Magda wrote:

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 09:40:00 -0400, in alt.gossip.celebrities,
"(PeteCresswell)"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... Per Magda:
... Not to mention those nasty nail
... clippers!
... Can somebody explain the nail clipper rationale to me?

Can't. There isn't any.

The "handle" could easily be made into a sharp object. You'd be
surprised what an enterprising young terrorist can do.

A wine bottle or Coke can can easily be made into sharp objects.

Surely you jest. Wine bottle, perhaps, but a coke can is about as
dangerous as a chewing gum wrapper.

Assuming you can get them to leave the flipping can, it is a small matter to
drink it down, flatten the can halfway up on the edge of the drop-down tray,
and bend the can at this 'hinge' until the metal fatigues and tears. Viola,
2 servicable slashing weapons, with convient round palm size grips. No, not
real durable, and useless for skinning a deer, but sharp enough to draw an
impressive amount of blood from a throat.

Ask any corrections officer- you can make a shiv out of damn near anything.
Snap a CD in half, and the pointy ends are pretty sharp. The end of a credit
card can be given a pretty good edge, good for at least a couple of slashes.
And as others have pointed out, writing instruments can serve as quite
adequate daggers. On most of the flights I have had recently, there were
random bits of the seats and interior coming loose, many with sharp edges.
For someone with training, a shoelace makes an adequate garrote. Short of
everyone flying naked in a foam-lined empty compartment, there is no way to
eliminate all the riskes.

aem sends...

Old September 11th, 2006, 04:31 AM posted to misc.consumers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Magda writes:

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 02:37:13 GMT, in alt.gossip.celebrities,

[to PorchMonkey4Life]

It's a MAN, stupid.

Why does assuming the "flight attandant" in question is female
make him stupid? The overwhelmeing majority of "flight attendants"
are, in fact, female, so it was a reasonable assumption despite being
wrong. That's why the default term for "flight attendants" is still
"stewardesses."

(I bet that just makes feminists chomp down on their tampons 'till
they're the thickness of pencil leads, but there it bloody is.)

Geoff

--
"Liberace was a great piano player, but
he sucked on the organ." -- Mike Oxbig

Old September 11th, 2006, 04:57 AM posted to misc.consumers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities
PorchMonkey4Life

This response is to the piece of sh*t Magda.

Magda writes:

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 02:37:13 GMT, in alt.gossip.celebrities,

[to PorchMonkey4Life]

It's a MAN, stupid.

Man... Woman.. who gives a sh*t you retarded f*cking a$$hole. Now go
crawl back up your mother's diseased c*nt and f*cking die, sh*t4brains
Old September 11th, 2006, 04:59 AM posted to misc.consumers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

kon-fan writes:

"Flight attendant" is such an ugly title anyway I don't know why
they're so uppity about it. It always makes me think of public
toilet attendants. And parking attendants.

Quite. "Stewardess," on the other hand, has panache.

I always liked the British term "air hostess," particularly. Makes
me think of young gals in skimpy li'l dresses, attending to men's
every need...back when the world worked right.

Geoff

Old September 11th, 2006, 06:05 AM posted to misc.consumers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities
Mxsmanic

Geoff Miller writes:

Why does assuming the "flight attandant" in question is female
make him stupid? The overwhelmeing majority of "flight attendants"
are, in fact, female, so it was a reasonable assumption despite being
wrong.

A majority of FAs are female, but not an overwhelming majority,
particularly in the USA.

That's why the default term for "flight attendants" is still
"stewardesses."

That has not been the default term for some thirty years now.

Old September 11th, 2006, 06:06 AM posted to misc.consumers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities
Mxsmanic

kon-fan writes:

"Flight attendant" is such an ugly title anyway I don't know why
they're so uppity about it. It always makes me think of public toilet
attendants. And parking attendants.

It's more accurate than steward or stewardess, however.

Old September 11th, 2006, 07:09 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities
mrtravel[_1_]

wrote:

Larry Bud wrote:

Magda wrote:

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 09:40:00 -0400, in alt.gossip.celebrities,
"(PeteCresswell)"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... Per Magda:
... Not to mention those nasty nail
... clippers!
... Can somebody explain the nail clipper rationale to me?

Can't. There isn't any.

The "handle" could easily be made into a sharp object. You'd be
surprised what an enterprising young terrorist can do.

A wine bottle or Coke can can easily be made into sharp objects.

Surely you jest. Wine bottle, perhaps, but a coke can is about as
dangerous as a chewing gum wrapper.

Assuming you can get them to leave the flipping can,

I had no problem on my AA (Eagle) flight today.
I was in 1A and the FA just left me a full cup of ice and put the can on
my tray. I didn't even ask.

it is a small matter to
drink it down, flatten the can halfway up on the edge of the drop-down tray,
and bend the can at this 'hinge' until the metal fatigues and tears. Viola,
2 servicable slashing weapons, with convient round palm size grips. No, not
real durable, and useless for skinning a deer, but sharp enough to draw an
impressive amount of blood from a throat.

Though I have never tried skinning deer with it, it was adequate for
rabbit during a field survival course.
Old September 11th, 2006, 07:15 AM posted to misc.consumers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,alt.gossip.celebrities
mrtravel[_1_]

Geoff Miller wrote:

Magda writes:

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 02:37:13 GMT, in alt.gossip.celebrities,

[to PorchMonkey4Life]

It's a MAN, stupid.

Why does assuming the "flight attandant" in question is female
make him stupid? The overwhelmeing majority of "flight attendants"
are, in fact, female, so it was a reasonable assumption despite being
wrong. That's why the default term for "flight attendants" is still
"stewardesses."

Well, since the FA's name stated in the original post was stated as BOB,
and the report is full of masculine pronouns describing him, why would
you NOT assume he was a male?