any comments on Grand Xcaret in Riviera Maya

Old June 1st, 2005, 01:42 AM
travelly

Default any comments on Grand Xcaret in Riviera Maya

wassuup wrote:
My husband and I are wanting to take a relaxing vacation where we can lay
by the beach or pool, take a tour if we feel like it. My husband does not
want to walk a mile to the pool. Does anyone know about the Grand Xcaret
have good food and is it a nice place?
We went to a travel agent but she was really no help. She gave me a Apple
vacations book with all inclusives in it.
We would like to spend no more than 3500 that's including airfare from
northern california.

Please any ideas. I would also consider Jamaica.

Thanks

I was checking this resort out last year and while searching on the
internet I found out that a little boy had drowned in an unsafe pool at
that resort. It doesn't appear to be just an internet rumour as it is
listed on the U.S. Government web site
http://travel.state.gov/family/famil...death_594.html (look
for Mexico, and April 26, 2003).

More info on his tragedy can be found here http://www.brentmidlock.com/

I have not found any information from the hotel's point of view but
since the U.S. Government recognized it as unsafe pool conditions, that
was enough for me to not want to go to that resort, especially having a
child of similar age.

By the way, Jamaica is awesome. The food there is great, the water is
safe to drink, nice white sand beaches, warm sea water, friendly people.
We had a super time there.
Old June 12th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Blondee_yvr

"travelly" wrote in message
:
: I was checking this resort out last year and while searching on the
: internet I found out that a little boy had drowned in an unsafe pool at
: that resort. It doesn't appear to be just an internet rumour as it is
: listed on the U.S. Government web site
: http://travel.state.gov/family/famil...death_594.html (look
: for Mexico, and April 26, 2003).

One has to look "outside the box" in such situations. This is just one
example of how bad this resort is. It's truly amazing how many people are
so "adventurous" that they are willing to take unnecessary risks or
chances knowing [usually] very well that a hotel such as this has had a
tragic, careless, and avoidable incident. If the hotel handles matters
in this way, I would hate to imagine how they handle other matters. Of
course, the hotel is now run by "new management" so everything [must be]
fine so book that holiday at this resort...NOT.