ryanair dropped girona-marrakesh route

Old February 8th, 2007, 11:51 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default ryanair dropped girona-marrakesh route

That,s not that nice. I booked a flight from marrakesh to girona for
the end of april, and now i see they dropped the route. But, i did
not
get a email from them yet.

Do the european rules say they can cancel the flight up to at least 2
weeks
before departure without giving me a alternative or damage
compensation? That whould be funny. If i look now in my reservation,
there is nothing strange to see yet.

Do one of you know if i'm right? that means i have to look for a
alternative myself now for that piece of my trip?

the link:

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/news....=rte-en-060207

"In order to accommodate these 16 new routes, Ryanair has today
announced the withdrawal of 2 routes, Girona to Marrakesh and Stansted
to Deauville."

Old February 8th, 2007, 02:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/news....&story=rte-en-...

"In order to accommodate these 16 new routes, Ryanair has today
announced the withdrawal of 2 routes, Girona to Marrakesh and Stansted
to Deauville."

It's not possible that ryanair cancels this flight! Especially not
without paying you any compensation. For more information you can
always search the internet for the Montreal convention, this is a
treaty signed by most airline company's... wether ryanair is part of
IATA I don't know
Greetz

Old February 8th, 2007, 02:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

On 8 feb, 15:25, Martin wrote:
On 8 Feb 2007 06:02:58 -0800, wrote:

On Feb 8, 12:51 pm, wrote:
[...]

What happens is onRyanair'swebsite

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs....ncelledflights
Changes & Cancellations

What happens if my flight is cancelled byRyanair? Â* Â* Â* BACK

If aRyanairflight is cancelled and no suitable alternative flight is
available, we will, upon application, offer a refund of all monies paid in
respect of the unused flight sectors on your reservation.

Ryanairdoes not provide compensation for flights which are delayed or cancelled
for reasons beyondRyanair'scontrol.You may therefore wish to ensure that you
have suitable private insurance cover in force to cover such eventualities.

Your rights under EU Regulation (EC) No. 261/2004 are unaffected so in the case
of denied boarding, flight cancellation or a delay in excess of two hours you
will be provided at the airport with a written notice setting out the rules for
compensation and assistance in line with such Regulation.

Please click here for more information on EU Regulation (EC) No. 261/2004.."
Â*http://www.ryanair.com/site/FAQS/doc...hp?language=EN
"
Invoice in the post for use of my time reading theRyanairwebsie.
--

Martin- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

They just have to pay back the ticketprice i paid. From the website:

FLIGHT CANCELLATION

If your flight is cancelled, you are entitled to the rights set out
below except when:
􀂾 you are informed of the cancellation at least two weeks before the
scheduled time of departure

Old February 8th, 2007, 07:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

On Feb 8, 12:51 pm, wrote:
[...]

What happens if my flight is cancelled by Ryanair? BACK

If a Ryanair flight is cancelled and no suitable alternative flight is
available, we will, upon application, offer a refund of all monies paid in
respect of the unused flight sectors on your reservation.

Ryanair does not provide compensation for flights which are delayed or
cancelled
for reasons beyond Ryanair's control.

How is "pulling the flight because we miscounted how
many planes we had" outside FR's control?

tim

Old February 8th, 2007, 10:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge

You have a lot of useless free time on your hands, so no need for an invoice
: he gave you a chance to show off.

Old February 9th, 2007, 08:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ulf Kutzner

Martin schrieb:

[...]

Yes, it is what Ryanair says.

Ask for a refund, now!

Or get the cost of an alternative flight from FR. Well, they won't pay
unless a court orders so.

Regards, ULF
Old February 9th, 2007, 08:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ulf Kutzner

************************************************** **********************************

************************************************** *************************************
Ryanair does not provide compensation for flights which are delayed or
cancelled
for reasons beyond Ryanair's control.

How is "pulling the flight because we miscounted how
many planes we had" outside FR's control?

Nowhere has Ryanair said they aren't going to refund his money.

The Ryanair conditions and the EU compensation rules are the same.

Not really.

The OP wants transportation into Marrakesh, BTW.

Regards, ULF
Old February 9th, 2007, 10:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT

"Ulf Kutzner" wrote in message
Martin schrieb:

************************************************** **********************************
If a Ryanair flight is cancelled and no suitable alternative flight is
available, we will, upon application, offer a refund of all monies paid
in
respect of the unused flight sectors on your reservation.

************************************************** *************************************
Ryanair does not provide compensation for flights which are delayed or
cancelled
for reasons beyond Ryanair's control.
How is "pulling the flight because we miscounted how
many planes we had" outside FR's control?

Nowhere has Ryanair said they aren't going to refund his money.

The Ryanair conditions and the EU compensation rules are the same.

Not really.

The OP wants transportation into Marrakesh, BTW.

Which is covered by EU Compensation rules as the flight commences from
within the EU and is on an EU Registered Airline.

JohnT

Old February 10th, 2007, 10:51 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 21:35:57 +0100, Ulf Kutzner

wrote:

Martin schrieb:

************************************************** **********************************
If a Ryanair flight is cancelled and no suitable alternative flight is
available, we will, upon application, offer a refund of all monies
paid in
respect of the unused flight sectors on your reservation.
************************************************** *************************************
Ryanair does not provide compensation for flights which are delayed or
cancelled
for reasons beyond Ryanair's control.
How is "pulling the flight because we miscounted how
many planes we had" outside FR's control?

Nowhere has Ryanair said they aren't going to refund his money.

The Ryanair conditions and the EU compensation rules are the same.

Not really.

Odd as far as I could see the meaning is identical. Why do you think
Ryanair
gives a link to them in their terms and conditions?

The OP wants transportation into Marrakesh, BTW.

What he wants is irrelevant. He is only entitled to a refund. I assume he
did
read the terms and condition before ticking the box that said he had.

He's entitled to what the law gives him, not just to what FR admit to,

It wouldn't be the first time that FR's T&C had attempted to deny
a customer their statutory rights (nor the second, third, fourth or
fifth time either)

tim