Glaucoma meds and other similar

Old August 23rd, 2006, 06:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default Glaucoma meds and other similar

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:35:07 -0500, Dillon Pyron
wrote:

Thus spake :

On 20 Aug 2006 09:20:48 -0700, "

To quote from TSA's own web information
"You may be civilly or criminally prosecuted for bringing forbidden
item into the security checkpoint even if by accident."

The scary thing is that the list can change at atny time. You could
levae your home in full compliance with the published list, arrive at
the airport with some newly banned mateial (like water), and wind up in
jail for violating the latest version of their rules.

Not to mention the famed "No-Fly" list which is based on the
assumption that terrorists and international criminals don't know how
to get a fake I.D. and thus will travel under their real name, and
that if you name is even close to a name on this shadowy list, you are
in for a fun afternoon. If they can stop a U.S. Senator for having a
suspicious name (and it took even him a couple of months to get
someone to fix the problem, for him, everyone else is still screwed,)
what chance do you or I have if we come up on their "list".

And try and find out WHY you're on the list. Speaking of the crazy
mouse.

You should see the number of countries my old passport wasn't good
for. All because of a silly security clearance I had 20 years ago. On
August 22nd of 2007 I can tell my wife what I worked on 25 years ago.
I can't even say where the facility (The Site) was located, but
everybody there knew something was going on.

My wife worked on stuff like that some years back, it's fun now,
watching the Miklitary Channel and have her wander by and occasionally
exclaim: "I worked on that!". I may or may not be doing the same,
they don't tell me what I do for a living, I'm not cleared to know so
I just show up and cash the checks.

Jim P.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 03:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
spamfree

According to this new update (22 Aug 2006) if I'm not prepared
to taste my insulin I have to go back to the airline, be accompanied
to an airport pharmacist, and have my medicine verified.

I find it hard to believe, but if I read it this way, how do the security
guys interpret it?

This is what happens when rent-a-cops are allowed to make policy.
These dolts, and also some genius posters here, think that medicine
can be treated the same as milk or baby food, i.e. have the mother
taste it to ensure that it is not an explosive. Medicine is not something
to taste on a whim. I wonder when the rent-a-cops will prohibit the
carrying on of nitroglycerine by heart patients?

Old August 23rd, 2006, 04:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
Richard Whitlock

Hi:

I just got back from Germany following a Viking River Cruise. Thank
goodness, we went over a day early arriving in the early hours of August
10th so we did not have any problems. I also have glaucoma and have two
difference prescriptions. Of course, I just had the bottles with me in
my carry-on and not the box or prescription as when we left, it was no
problem. I put them in my checked luggage coming home along with all
the no-no's (liquid, gels, etc). What you might think about doing is
getting another prescription filled and having one in each suitcase as a
hedge. At least they have eased up a little on the carry-ons. Three of
our fellow passengers who arrived on the 10th had nothing but a little
baggie with their cash, credit cards, passport, and travel documents and
the clothes on their back. Two of them got their luggage on the last
day in Prague. I don't know about the third one.

Coming back through Frankfurt we had 1 1/2 hours to make the flight
change. We would never have made it if they didn't give us a pass to
the front of the line when it was departure time and bunches of us were
still way back in the security line. I guess they decided it would be
easier to get us through the check than pull all our luggage that had
been checked through out of the cargo bay.

Tucker in Texas

Old August 24th, 2006, 11:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake mrtravel :

wrote:
My wife worked on stuff like that some years back, it's fun now,
watching the Miklitary Channel and have her wander by and occasionally
exclaim: "I worked on that!". I may or may not be doing the same,
they don't tell me what I do for a living, I'm not cleared to know so
I just show up and cash the checks.

That reminds me of a job I was interviewed for when I was getting my
degree 18 years ago. Since I had 2 IBM internships (PC testing - Austin,
TX and coding the database for the under development AS400 in Rochester,
MN), I had quite a bit of flying to IBM job interviews in 1988. I had
flown to Gaithersburg, MD to interview for a job that would require
working with the government. The interviewer told me he could tell me
what my job would be until after I received the appropriate clearance,
and I might be employed for 6 months before I got it. I didn't take the
job offer.

I worked in the Leper Colony for almost a year.
--
dillon

If you can't figure out how to unmunge my
address, email me and I'll explain it.
Old August 25th, 2006, 12:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_1_]

Dillon Pyron wrote:
I worked in the Leper Colony for almost a year.

Did you meet Che?

(If you don't understand, watch "The Motorcycle Diaries")