Glaucoma meds and other similar

Old August 14th, 2006, 09:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
Joseph Coulter[_1_]

Default Glaucoma meds and other similar

"Cathy Kearns" wrote in news:cL4Eg.12456$gY6.7204
@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

Perscription eye drops could be brought on board as long as the
name on the bottle matches the name on the ticket. I did see them taking
gel pads out of shoes and throwing them away at security, so at least at
Kahalui they meant it.

I see the easing of restrictions and yet one thing bothers me, name on
bottle must match passenger name, Xalatan comes in little itsy bottles that
one could never put a name tag on. It is of course much smaller than the 4
oz non prescription cold meds bottles that are allegedly OK now. Any one
with first hand experience on this? (I don't really wnat to be the first to
report, esp. if it is bad news at $50 a bottle/vial)

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old August 14th, 2006, 10:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
Hatunen

:

Perscription eye drops could be brought on board as long as the
name on the bottle matches the name on the ticket. I did see them taking
gel pads out of shoes and throwing them away at security, so at least at
Kahalui they meant it.

I see the easing of restrictions and yet one thing bothers me, name on
bottle must match passenger name, Xalatan comes in little itsy bottles that
one could never put a name tag on. It is of course much smaller than the 4
oz non prescription cold meds bottles that are allegedly OK now. Any one
with first hand experience on this? (I don't really wnat to be the first to
report, esp. if it is bad news at $50 a bottle/vial)

I assume it came in a small box that had a label on it; that's
how my very small medicine cotainers come. But I don't know if
that's good enough for TSA.

Old August 15th, 2006, 01:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
spamfree

I did see them taking gel pads out of shoes and throwing them
away at security, so at least at Kahalui they meant it.

TSA's rigid stupidity knows no bounds.

I see the easing of restrictions and yet one thing bothers me, name
on bottle must match passenger name, Xalatan comes in little itsy
bottles that one could never put a name tag on.

Probably a 15 ml bottle, just like other eye meds.

You absolutely need to carry the bottle in its original thin cardboard
box, as that contains the medicine details and the prescription label.
And don't allow the TSA bozo to unscrew the top, as that could
result in a contaminated med.

Old August 15th, 2006, 04:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
scabbardgirl

Joseph Coulter wrote:
"Cathy Kearns" wrote in news:cL4Eg.12456$gY6.7204
@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

Perscription eye drops could be brought on board as long as the
name on the bottle matches the name on the ticket. I did see them taking
gel pads out of shoes and throwing them away at security, so at least at
Kahalui they meant it.

I see the easing of restrictions and yet one thing bothers me, name on
bottle must match passenger name, Xalatan comes in little itsy bottles that
one could never put a name tag on. It is of course much smaller than the 4
oz non prescription cold meds bottles that are allegedly OK now. Any one
with first hand experience on this? (I don't really wnat to be the first to
report, esp. if it is bad news at $50 a bottle/vial)

I carry my asthma inhaler everywhere. The prescription label is always
put on the box, not on the inhaler. I just cut out the prescription
label and carry it in my wallet. In case I lose it or it dies during a
trip, I have the information I need to get another one. A pharmacy can
use the info to call to get the prescription to give me another one.
TSA rules or not, it's probably a good idea to carry that label with
you, in case of an emergency.
As far as the gel pads in shoes, I guess I had better tell my husband
not to wear his "Gel Kayano" running shoes on his next flight. Lord
knows we don't want the TSA to rip the built-in gel liner out :-)
Old August 16th, 2006, 05:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
David Gee

"scabbardgirl" wrote in message
. ..

I carry my asthma inhaler everywhere. The prescription label is
always put on the box, not on the inhaler. I just cut out the
prescription label and carry it in my wallet. In case I lose it or it
dies during a trip, I have the information I need to get another one.
A pharmacy can use the info to call to get the prescription to give me
another one.

NONONO!!! Take the WHOLE box that contained your small bottle of
medication! It has your pharmacist's prescription label, PLUS other
information, such as the list of non-medical ingredients, that will
(may?) convince an inspector to pass it through.

Also, keep the small paper "Product Information Summary" -- you know,
the thing that's folded smaller than a Christmas cracker hat and printed
in type so small that only a Chihuahua could read it! -- because it
contains a LOT more information on the medication.

AND it is printed in four, five or more languages, useful in many
airports around the world. Increasingly, these include Chinese,
Japanese and Arabic.

Old August 16th, 2006, 05:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
Sue and Kevin Mullen

David Gee wrote:

[...]

The box for one of my asthma inhalers is almost 4X the size of the
inhaler. I have always cut off the part of the box that has the
pharmacist's label. If I have to take the whole box and now the insert
also, I will need a carryon the size of a suitcase.lol I am so glad I
am driving to my next cruise and don't have to worry about this untill
jan.

sue
Old August 16th, 2006, 10:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
Kurt Ullman

In article ,
Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

The box for one of my asthma inhalers is almost 4X the size of the
inhaler. I have always cut off the part of the box that has the
pharmacist's label. If I have to take the whole box and now the insert
also, I will need a carryon the size of a suitcase.lol I am so glad I
am driving to my next cruise and don't have to worry about this untill
jan.

sue

If I was flying somewhere over the next few weeks and had a possibly
problematic medication (small bottles, inhalers, etc.) I would probably
spend some time looking at the websites of the appropriate organizations
to see if they are publishing any tips or stories. If not, I would
e-mail them suggesting they do.
Old August 16th, 2006, 02:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

The box for one of my asthma inhalers is almost 4X the size of the
inhaler. I have always cut off the part of the box that has the
pharmacist's label. If I have to take the whole box and now the insert
also, I will need a carryon the size of a suitcase.lol I am so glad I
am driving to my next cruise and don't have to worry about this untill
jan.

sue

If I was flying somewhere over the next few weeks and had a possibly
problematic medication (small bottles, inhalers, etc.) I would probably
spend some time looking at the websites of the appropriate organizations
to see if they are publishing any tips or stories. If not, I would
e-mail them suggesting they do.

Kevin will be flying for business in Oct. and before then I will be
checking with the airline and also watching RTC etc. He has one
particular supplememt that is for his diabetes and he has to take it
after each meal. He will carry an original bottle(huge) with a few
capsules for the trip. The rest of this supplement we will mail to his
hotel ahead of time to make sure it is there when he arrives. Other
supplements he can put in his checked suitcase, if they are lost he
could do without them untill he goes and buys more or I ship some to him.

No matter what the current policy is when you are flying, it all
depends on who is doing the screening at the time.

sue

Old August 16th, 2006, 03:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
spamfree

Probably a 15 ml bottle, just like other eye meds.

2.5ml.

Mine is 15 ml. I just looked at it.