American Airlines smacks down frisky gay couple

Old September 22nd, 2006, 05:17 PM posted to alt.politics.homosexuality,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.fan.howard-stern
mrtravel[_1_]

Default American Airlines smacks down frisky gay couple

lab~rat :-) wrote:

There is a possibility that another passenger complained. If that
were the case, what do you think that the flight attendant was
obligated to do?

Nothing. Not all complaints are valid
Old September 22nd, 2006, 05:57 PM posted to alt.politics.homosexuality,rec.travel.air,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.fan.howard-stern
Markku Grönroos

go away from rte

"Alan Moorman" kirjoitti
om...
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 20:58:04 GMT, "Wull"
wrote:

What a bunch of crap. I thought the scenario was that what people do in
the
privacy of their own home (uncontested) is what gay people desire. I
agree
with that 100%. Doing anything in poor taste out in public by any couples
should be frowned upon. I don't think anyone alive would object to
private
affairs, except maybe a few religious fanatics.

Wull--who is very old fashioned.

I agree that it might have been in bad taste.

But, can you EVER expect the cabin crew to come talk to a hetero
couple for kissing a bit? I've been on flights where that happened
a lot, and non of the crew even blinked an eye.

So, there is NO justification for what went on regarding the two men.

NONE.

Alan Moorman

The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals
and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals.
That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals.
It's just that they need more supervision.

Lynn Lavner - as published in PFLAG

Old September 23rd, 2006, 05:46 PM posted to alt.politics.homosexuality,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.fan.howard-stern
Strife767

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 00:54:57 -0400, IranianSwine wrote:

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Wull wrote:

What a bunch of crap. I thought the scenario was that what people do
in the privacy of their own home (uncontested) is what gay people
desire. I agree with that 100%. Doing anything in poor taste out in
public by any couples should be frowned upon. I don't think anyone
alive would object to private affairs, except maybe a few religious
fanatics.

Ummmm.... first define "poor taste". Agreed, overt expressions of
affection between gay men might make some heterosexuals uncomfortable,
but so what? Fifty or so years ago, people didn't perceive "sexual
content" whenever people showed affection for one another - same sex
couples or not. (And before people became so self-conscious about how
others might perceive them, there was usually nothing "sexual" about
it.)

Because homos are pretty disease ridden.

No, they aren't. There are millions and millions of homosexuals in the
USA, and how many AIDS cases were there last year for MSM? Less than
18,000. More people die from flu annually than get AIDS. And _that_
doesn't even count the lesbians, who are practically _immune_ to spreading
STDs through typical sexual contact.

You need to learn some math.

It's like seeing a roach in a restaurant.

I don't have the time to point out just how inaccurate a metaphor that is.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 05:48 PM posted to alt.politics.homosexuality,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.fan.howard-stern
Strife767

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:39:04 -0400, lab~rat :-) wrote:

And that hasn't been proven. If there was a heterosexual couple on
the same flight doing the same thing and they weren't asked to stop,
MAYBE then there would be some argument.

Bottom line is that if a heterosexual couple were asked to stop,
chances are more than good that it wouldn't have escalated into some
type of psuedo-Rosa Parks like discrimination crusade. They would
have quietly stopped, end of story, no one hurt.

I see "if" a lot up there. Of course, since no one ever complains about a
hetero couple doing that kind of thing, you'd never know, would you? Just
that fact alone (the lack of complaint against heterosexuals) says a lot.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 05:58 PM posted to alt.politics.homosexuality,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.fan.howard-stern
[email protected]

Strife767 wrote:

I see "if" a lot up there. Of course, since no one ever complains about a
hetero couple doing that kind of thing, you'd never know, would you? Just
that fact alone (the lack of complaint against heterosexuals) says a lot.

The "lack of" explains what?!

Thats like saying "I completely agree with what he didn't say". Come
on...

To the great majority of the world 2 homosexuals engaging in anything
other than light chit-chat is going to bring some negative attention.
Rightly so, if it is NOT the norm, then it is to be expected that it
will not be treated as normal.

I am not understanding how this turns into something about how gays
should be treated equal and how they were mistreated and blah, blah...

Heck, we don't treat a lot of people equal, so why start with
homosexuals?

They choose to do what they do, so why should "their" decision affect
"me". If I made a decision in my life that offended them, and then
tried to push it on them, they would be the first to speak out loudest
I am sure.

Me wonders if they didn't cry so much for news headlines and attention,
they'd probably get farther.

Old September 25th, 2006, 01:51 PM posted to alt.politics.homosexuality,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.fan.howard-stern
lab~rat >:-)

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:53:10 -0500, Alan Moorman
puked:

wrote:

What a bunch of crap. I thought the scenario was that what people do in the
privacy of their own home (uncontested) is what gay people desire. I agree
with that 100%. Doing anything in poor taste out in public by any couples
should be frowned upon. I don't think anyone alive would object to private
affairs, except maybe a few religious fanatics.

Wull--who is very old fashioned.

I agree that it might have been in bad taste.

But, can you EVER expect the cabin crew to come talk to a hetero
couple for kissing a bit? I've been on flights where that happened
a lot, and non of the crew even blinked an eye.

So, there is NO justification for what went on regarding the two men.

NONE.

If one person was made uncomfortable by the unnecessary action it was
justified enough. As would be the same if the couple were
heterosexual...
--
lab~rat :-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Old September 25th, 2006, 01:52 PM posted to alt.politics.homosexuality,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.fan.howard-stern
lab~rat >:-)

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 16:48:15 GMT, Strife767
puked:

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:39:04 -0400, lab~rat :-) wrote:

And that hasn't been proven. If there was a heterosexual couple on
the same flight doing the same thing and they weren't asked to stop,
MAYBE then there would be some argument.

Bottom line is that if a heterosexual couple were asked to stop,
chances are more than good that it wouldn't have escalated into some
type of psuedo-Rosa Parks like discrimination crusade. They would
have quietly stopped, end of story, no one hurt.

I see "if" a lot up there. Of course, since no one ever complains about a
hetero couple doing that kind of thing, you'd never know, would you? Just
that fact alone (the lack of complaint against heterosexuals) says a lot.

That is an outright lie and there have been instances where people
have been detained for trying to join the mile high club in the
aircraft lavs.
Old September 25th, 2006, 01:57 PM posted to alt.politics.homosexuality,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.fan.howard-stern
lab~rat >:-)

On 23 Sep 2006 11:10:18 -0700, puked:

wrote:
To the great majority of the world 2 homosexuals engaging in anything
other than light chit-chat is going to bring some negative attention.
Rightly so, if it is NOT the norm, then it is to be expected that it
will not be treated as normal.

I am not understanding how this turns into something about how gays
should be treated equal and how they were mistreated and blah, blah...

Heck, we don't treat a lot of people equal, so why start with
homosexuals?

**** you, bitch or asshole. You would love to be treated horribly too,
wouldn't you? Do not ****ing complain when you get treated unfairly.
Kapish, asshole? Once again, this is America, jack. Like I told the
other asshole (labrat), if you find even the lightest homosexual PDA
offensive, turn the cheek. Who the **** do you think you are to judge
what is "norm?"

[snipping the rest of it's bull**** nonsense. blah blah blah]

Bill Hewlett

I guess differing opinions aren't tolerated in your world. Who's to
say that I have any obligation to tolerate people making out in an
airplane?
Old September 25th, 2006, 01:59 PM posted to alt.politics.homosexuality,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.fan.howard-stern
lab~rat >:-)

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 16:17:49 GMT, mrtravel
puked:

lab~rat :-) wrote:

There is a possibility that another passenger complained. If that
were the case, what do you think that the flight attendant was
obligated to do?

Nothing. Not all complaints are valid

So your contention is that it was a judgment call as to whether or not
it was valid? In your opinion, are you more adept at using your
judgment than others?