[OT] Best and Worst American Cities according to Europeans

Old January 7th, 2007, 06:29 AM posted to alt.travel,houston.general,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.soccer,rec.travel.usa-canada
Google Beta User

Default Best and Worst American Cities according to Europeans

striker wrote:

It's good that you say that, because American culture is very much
appreciated and enjoyed around the world if you *really* think about it.

Sure, go ask in France.

One of the countries that has most embraced American culture and
influence.

Old January 7th, 2007, 06:44 AM posted to houston.general,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.soccer,rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.french
Jim Weeks

"striker" wrote in message
. ..

"Jefferson N. Glapski" wrote in
message news:c30oh.127543$hn.87607@edtnps82...
"striker" wrote in message
. ..

"James Schrumpf" wrote in
message . 97.142...
Quiet, Shawn Hirn -- I'm transmitting rage.

In article ,
"striker" wrote:

Europeans, particularly Italians and French, besides living in two of
the most beautiful countries in the world, are known for their good
taste when it comes to quality of life (food, clothes, cars, night
life, weather, women, etc). According to a recent poll these are the
impressions of Europeans about American cities.

5 Best (the least American cities):

Miami
San Diego
NYC
San Francisco
Boston

5 Worst (typical American cities):

Houston
Dallas
Pittsburgh
Detroit
Cleveland

Most Overrated (these cities are not necessarily bad, just plain
overrated by Americans who have no standards):

New Orleans
Austin

ding.. this ones' true.. Austin is SO OVER-RATED.. please to be stop moving
here!!!

Phoenix.. thats a great place to be.. right sockboy?

jpw

Old January 7th, 2007, 07:20 AM posted to alt.travel,houston.general,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.soccer,rec.travel.usa-canada
Unclaimed Mysteries

wrote:
Unclaimed Mysteries who dragged William Holden from the pool:

wrote in part:

Wait about 50 years, native Europeans are breeding (or not
breeding) themselves into extinction. The people who are
left will make the most backward fundementalist portion of
Alabama look like Amsterdam during a gay pride parade.

Uh, who's this Amsterdam fella?

http://www.stripes.com/photoday/110704.jpg

Do I get an assist on that one? I need to pad my comedy stats because
I'm in the last year of my usenet contract.

http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

"Being an Auburn fan explains a lot about what is wrong with you,
Unclaimed ... You didn't chose to address any of my post except this
last little piece where I ridiculing you for being an idiot." - "Altie"
on rec.sport.football.college, 2006
Old January 7th, 2007, 08:30 AM posted to houston.general,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.soccer,rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.french
Jefferson N. Glapski

"striker" wrote in message
. ..

"Jefferson N. Glapski" wrote in
message news:c30oh.127543$hn.87607@edtnps82...
. ..

"striker" wrote:

[...]

Los Angeles
Chicago
Las Vegas

Do Americans agree?

I speak for only myself. I have never taking such ratings seriously.
What does "best" mean? What "standards" do Europeans have that are so
much better than those of Americans? What is a "standard" anyway in
the area of deciding which American city one enjoys visiting?

I have been to Miami, San Diego (briefly), NYC (many times), San
Francisco, Boston, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Los Angeles, and Las
Vegas. In fact, tomorrow morning, three friends and I depart from
Philadelphia on a one week visit to Las Vegas.

Of the cities I have been to on that list, I have had a great time on
each visit. Probably my least favorite is New Orleans, but I still
enjoyed my one visit there about ten years ago.

I think its possible ot enjoy visiting any city; its just a matter of
finding something unique and interesting to do on your visit. Saying
one city is better than another is silly because we all have our own
taste and interests. I have been to Las Vegas many times and I
definitely don't think its overrated. If some people consider my taste
sub-par. So be it. I couldn't care less.

When my wife spent some time in Paris in the late '70s, she described
it
as "a dirty town with dog **** all over the streets."

Americans are known to be the MOST IGNORANT PEOPLE on the planet for a
reason, matter of fact.

Is that because Americans fought Hitler, while the French and the
Italians supported him?

Oh really? The French supported him?!?!

My point indeed:

Americans are known to be the MOST IGNORANT PEOPLE on the planet.

Yes, the French supported him:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vichy_France

And I'm not an American, so you are wrong twice in your post.

--
http://www.ohiostatesucks.org

http://www.notredamesucks.org

Old January 7th, 2007, 08:31 AM posted to alt.travel,houston.general,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.soccer,rec.travel.usa-canada
Jefferson N. Glapski

"striker" wrote in message
. ..

"Jefferson N. Glapski" wrote in
message news:E20oh.127542$hn.81246@edtnps82...
"striker" wrote in message
news

"Dave Christian" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Europeans, particularly Italians and French, besides living in two of
the
most beautiful countries in the world, are known for their good taste
when
it comes to quality of life (food, clothes, cars, night life, weather,
women, etc). According to a recent poll these are the impressions of
Europeans about American cities.

5 Best (the least American cities):

San Diego
Disagree. I've been there a LOT and it's dullsville.

My point indeed. San Diego loses big time as a beach town to Miami
because it's boring (clubs close at 1.30 am). Miami instead is like a
little NYC in the warm weather.

Then again, San Diego has surf and lacks the hot man on man action that
South Beach has.

LOL, some of the hottest women in the world are in South Beach

There's hotter women elsewhere, like midtown Manhattan.

And the hotness of women on South Beach is offset by the prevalence of ugly,
leathered women, "women" with Adam's apples and men kissing each other.

Old January 7th, 2007, 09:37 AM posted to houston.general,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.soccer,rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.french
Paul C

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 08:30:05 GMT, "Jefferson N. Glapski"
wrote:

And I'm not an American, so you are wrong twice in your post.

He's a British colonial boy. )))
Old January 7th, 2007, 01:14 PM posted to alt.travel,houston.general,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.soccer,rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

RED DEVIL wrote:
San Diego is great, wonderful climate, love NYC if it wasn't for their
nasty winters.

You can't handle 70 degrees on January 6th? ;-)

Old January 7th, 2007, 01:31 PM posted to houston.general,rec.sport.football.college,rec.sport.soccer,rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.french
George

wrote:

And I'm not an American, so you are wrong twice in your post.

He's a British colonial boy. )))

OMG! It's the end of the world!

George

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning
ain't distributed right."
Mark Twain