Westcoaster Update - 05/09/2007

Old May 9th, 2007, 08:34 PM posted to alt.disney.disneyland,rec.arts.disney.parks,rec.parks.theme,rec.roller-coaster,rec.travel.usa-canada
James Disney

Default Westcoaster Update - 05/09/2007

Hey all...

Back with another set of updates... Sierra Sidewinder at Knott's is
pretty much done as far as track placement goes. Now it's just the
little things that need to be finished before opening. And over at
the Disneyland Resort they're still testing the new Finding Nemo
Submarine Voyage... in DCA, Toy Story Mania/Midway Mania is going up
in front of Screamin'! Enjoy the update!

http://www.westcoaster.net/updates.php?updateCD=050907

-JD
http://www.westcoaster.net

Old May 11th, 2007, 04:19 PM posted to alt.disney.disneyland,rec.arts.disney.parks,rec.parks.theme,rec.roller-coaster,rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Back with another set of updates... Sierra Sidewinder at Knott's is
pretty much done as far as track placement goes. Now it's just the

Thanks for the update. I don't get to Knott's as much as I used to.
On page 3 you write "I really honestly hope that this ride doesn't end
up being one of those "Well, it looked fun" sorts of things. Because
it looks really rad!" The specter of anticipointment rears its ugly
head for me too.

What is anyone's opinion who's been on this type of coaster before?
I've only been on the spinning mouse at the OC Fair with the riders
facing outwards (IIRC) and it was fun, not spectacular, but definitely
fun.

Rik

Old May 11th, 2007, 05:37 PM posted to alt.disney.disneyland,rec.arts.disney.parks,rec.parks.theme,rec.roller-coaster,rec.travel.usa-canada
Ed[_11_]

On 11 May 2007 08:19:51 -0700, wrotc:
"I really honestly hope that this ride doesn't end
up being one of those "Well, it looked fun" sorts of things. Because
it looks really rad!" The specter of anticipointment rears its ugly
head for me too.

Rik

Anticipointment, hee hee.

Your Pal,
Acidhead Ed
Old May 12th, 2007, 06:46 AM posted to rec.roller-coaster,rec.travel.usa-canada
Funtype

wrote:

What is anyone's opinion who's been on this type of coaster before?
I've only been on the spinning mouse at the OC Fair with the riders
facing outwards (IIRC) and it was fun, not spectacular, but definitely
fun.

Rik

Well, to begin with, there really is only one "like it". That's Euro
Mir (
http://www.rcdb.com/ig972.htm) and even that will not really be a
fair comparison, as this one has freespinning cars, as opposed to the
controlled spin on EM.

I have heard nothing but rave reviews about EM from everyone I know that
has had an opportunity to ride it. Most also wonder why more of them
have not been built since, but here we are 10 years later!

Euro Mir is also 30 ft. taller, 1805' longer and 10 mph faster, and has
a funky-space-disco enclosed spiral lift hill, so take that into
consideration.

.... and KBF is putting near the kids area, so Y(rad)MMV.

I'm looking forward to it, just not as a thrill as much as a fun
alternative to the higher-end offerings of late.

ERT's will have something other than "Shaguar" to mellow out on.

....oh and it's not an intamin. ;P

--CM

Old May 12th, 2007, 04:28 PM posted to rec.roller-coaster,rec.travel.usa-canada
BaSSiStiSt[_2_]

"Funtype" wrote in message

Well, to begin with, there really is only one "like it".

Nope, there's two.

http://www.rcdb.com/id2660.htm

This one is actually a bit closer in style, as each car spins freely.

And it was Jaybob's #400! ;-) Looking forward to getting on Knotts'
version next month.