Help The Balinese Survive

Old May 10th, 2007, 08:03 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected][_2_]

Default Help The Balinese Survive

Balinese Driver,

Many Village community tried to survive by offering serice to the
guest who passed bay infront of them on the street along Kuta and
Ubud. " Transport Sir " that is the word they sing under the hitten
sunshine and showing rainy season. Sometime they have no passager for
a week, infact they have to pay for the parking and monthly
contribution. It was a calling to help them by giving them a job as I
am a hotelier. Some of them are friend of mind and I found them a very
humble and honest people as a Balinese. They always taken good care of
the hotel guest, they will refund of any lost founded in the car. They
have a good jeep typed car althoug I understand they bought it by a
credit from the bank. When you call me I will be pleased to ask them
to come to your hotel and they will open mind discussed about your
itinerary and some time give you an advise to make the trip more
efficient and enjoyable.

If your would like to explore the beautiful Bali island and helping
them survive you can call me at

Contact : I Wayan Semare
Mobile : +62 361 792 1600

Old May 10th, 2007, 03:19 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

Given specifically that we here in this newsgroup seem to hear from people
touting only Bali as contrasted to other destinations in Indonesia, one
wonders indeed if there is something in the Indonesian geography education
system specific to Bali which results in such dismal comprehension and
appalling ignorance as displayed by this poster of where Bali is located as
per USA and Canada.

oups.com...

Old May 11th, 2007, 03:44 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alan S[_1_]

On Thu, 10 May 2007 07:19:08 -0700, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

Given specifically that we here in this newsgroup seem to hear from people
touting only Bali as contrasted to other destinations in Indonesia, one
wonders indeed if there is something in the Indonesian geography education
system specific to Bali which results in such dismal comprehension and
appalling ignorance as displayed by this poster of where Bali is located as
per USA and Canada.

No need to wonder about the reason for Balinese posts here -
they are trying to attract tourists from their
biggest-spending market, Aussies and Americans, after the
two JI bomb attacks effectively wrecked a thriving tourist
industry. It's very hard times for them at the moment and
they'll give you a great deal. I sympathise - but Bali is
not on my list for other reasons. Like Garuda.

Lawrence, you seem to have become the self-appointed
locality police for the newsgroup. Doing an energetic and
zealous job judging by the frequency and predictability of
your responses - although I haven't noticed any diminution
in non-usa-canada posts since you took up the role.

Do you ever post on other subjects? My apologies if I missed
those in the flood of geographically-challenged posts.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Slovenia
Old May 11th, 2007, 05:43 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

wrote:

[...]

Alan -

You just haven't been paying close enough attention to pick up on my other
posts in rec.travel.usa-canada; e.g., http://tinyurl.com/33xpxt . I assure
you that such posts of mine here are indeed focused on travel in USA and
Canada. Please pay closer attention in the future.

So...given your explanation - are you perhaps, maybe, just possibly be
suggesting that anyone wherever-they-may-be in this great wide world of ours
while attempting to attract tourists to wherever-they-may-be in this great
wide world of ours post here in rec.travel.usa-canada inducements to travel
to wherever-they-may-be in this great wide world of ours in the hopes that
folks visiting this rec.travel.usa-canada newsgroup be indeed induced to
tour wherever-they-may-be in this great wide world of ours? Anyone?
Wherever-they-may-be in this great wide world of ours? To induce visitation
to wherever-they-may-be in this great wide world of ours? Really? If not,
then whatever is it that are you saying? Please elucidate. Curious minds
want to know.

warmest regards,
Lawrence, in the good old USA (and that - Alan - is not the United States of
Australia.... those states being, of course, New South Wales, Queensland,
South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, and Western Australia)

Old May 11th, 2007, 07:52 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alan S[_1_]

On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:43:42 -0700, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

Alan -

You just haven't been paying close enough attention

Love it - straight from Foghorn leghorn:-)

Keep at it mate - can't match that.

Incidentally, I'm here because I drop in over there
occasionally.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old May 11th, 2007, 07:58 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

wrote:

Alan -

You just haven't been paying close enough attention

Love it - straight from Foghorn leghorn:-)

Keep at it mate - can't match that.

Incidentally, I'm here because I drop in over there
occasionally.

Cheers, Alan, Australia

And the requested clarification from you as per

"So...given your explanation - are you perhaps, maybe, just possibly be
suggesting that anyone wherever-they-may-be in this great wide world of ours
while attempting to attract tourists to wherever-they-may-be in this great
wide world of ours post here in rec.travel.usa-canada inducements to travel
to wherever-they-may-be in this great wide world of ours in the hopes that
folks visiting this rec.travel.usa-canada newsgroup be indeed induced to
tour wherever-they-may-be in this great wide world of ours? Anyone?
Wherever-they-may-be in this great wide world of ours? To induce visitation
to wherever-they-may-be in this great wide world of ours? Really? If not,
then whatever is it that are you saying? Please elucidate. Curious minds
want to know."

???

Old May 11th, 2007, 08:20 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alan S[_1_]

On Fri, 11 May 2007 06:58:02 GMT, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

There are some questions so patently silly that an answer
unduly ennobles them. In this case - it's the wrong
question.

The point is not whether the spam posts are suitable, of
course they aren't. The point is whether your auto-responses
have any useful purpose. Chastising spammers as though they
might read the response is as sensible and productive an
activity as arguing with a politician on your TV screen and
then raising your voice when the person on TV doesn't
respond.

Use your killfiles mate, really. Or, if you are really
serious, send an abuse complaint to the spammer's isp. Here
it is for this guy: X-Complaints-To: You
will find an equivalent in the headers of every message.
While I doubt they'll do a darn thing - at least there is a
remote chance that they might.

But hey - if this is what turns you on - fill your boots:-)

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old May 11th, 2007, 01:53 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2007-05-11 03:20:07 -0400, Alan S said:

There are some questions so patently silly that an answer
unduly ennobles them. In this case - it's the wrong
question.

Alan, what's the point of your repeated postings regarding this subject?

Old May 11th, 2007, 04:43 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

"Alan S" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 May 2007 06:58:02 GMT, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

/snip/

[chuckle]

Much as the octopus when confronted spews out a cloud of ink to confuse and
detract, so does Alan rather than answer a rather straightforward question
deem this question to be "patently silly" in his cloud of irrelevant words.
Yet the question is rather relevant to the topic - and the newsgroup - at
hand. The issue is not one of spam (after all, an invitation to visit
places in USA/Canada can indeed be of spam origin); rather the issue is one
of pertinence and relevance - spam or otherwise - to this newgroup. And, I
submit, a question which remains on Alan's part unanswered in his octopus
like cloud of words. So Alan, for the third time, allow me to ask you the
exact same question - this time with an accompanying request that you answer
straightforwardly and directly the question posed without resort to more
octopus like tactics...

Old May 11th, 2007, 05:35 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

In article ,
Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
[lots of unneeded previous quoting deleted]
So Alan, for the third time, allow me to ask you the
exact same question

Which is still unclear. Here's what it would be without the extraneous
phrases:

" are you perhaps, maybe, just possibly be
suggesting that anyone attempting to attract tourists
post here in rec.travel.usa-canada inducements to travel
in the hopes that
folks visiting this newsgroup be indeed induced to
tour?

See the problem? Are you asking whether people *should* post about
out-of-US/Canada areas, or whether they *do* post about them? Without
the word "should" before "post," one could read that as, "Are you
suggesting that people post here to induce travel?" To which the
logical answer would be, "Yes, that's exactly why they post here."

The answer to "Should those people post here?" is, of course, "No."
And I hope that, in addition to publicly chastizing them, you are
also reporting them to their ISPs. I don't know how many of the
latter give a darn about Usenet newsgroup charters, but it's worth
a try.

Patty