Visa reqts for US

Old September 21st, 2004, 05:06 PM
Matthew Maddock

Loads of people travel to the US under the visa waiver scheme with
arrests/cautions/convictions. They may fingerprint you but are not
going to do a full search on the UK database - think about
logistics/costs involved. Just try not to seem guilty as you talk to
the immigration bloke at the airport - he'll look at your passport ask
you some questions and send you on your way - especially if you have
previous US stamps in the passport.

Agreed, if you have previous stamps in your passport you should have
no problems at all.

Matt.

Old September 22nd, 2004, 01:51 AM
De Fly

btw....it seems they only fingerprint people with visas. Not 'visiting
tourists'. Why is not clear to me since there would be just as much threat
coming from these people.
Anyway, that's the latest I heard quite recently from a friend who did come
as a tourist.
Your call....
Also, it was not clear but this was in UK or the US?
If it was in UK I wouldn't even bother and just go on the waiver.

Fly

"Dave" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:26:11 +0100, "Stef"
wrote:

To be honest that was what I was going to do but as from October 26, you
have to be fingerprinted going in to the US and I'm afraid it will show up
then
(Email sent from laptop hence different id)

Old September 27th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Ken Tough

Michael Ross wrote:

- The President doesn't loose his/her job if s/he marries a Catholic.

Though the first one was only elected in 1960.. (And good luck
getting there if you're Jewish). Anyway, President != Queen,
President is more like Prime Minister and Queen rolled into one.

- "300% tax on *gas*?! How in hell did you limeys ever let them do
THAT to you?!!"

Oh well, it pays for a national health service and helps them not
embarrass themselves with the abominations which are SUVs

But you know what? I've been here long enough to figure out that the
whole thing is a pretty well-damped pendulum. It swings one way, it
swings another - sometimes with a period of a decade or two - but
never too far. It *works*.

Hey, just a thought. That whole war on terror thing... whatever
happened with all those anthrax-laced letters? "Weapons grade"
stuff, rumours of terrorist nations producing it, then all of a
sudden... silence! Hmmm, doesn't it bother anybody that an entire
$400 billion war was fought over WMD, when in fact there was none
there, but the only time actual WMD -WERE- actually found, -INSIDE
CONGRESS NO LESS-, everyone has forgotten completely about it?

Funny the way this world works. If it does.

--
Ken Tough