Visiting Canada frequently - Can I leave my car?

Old February 11th, 2008, 03:04 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default Visiting Canada frequently - Can I leave my car?

Hello -
I am planning on maintaining a residence in the US but visiting Canada
on a weekly basis. After I drive my car into Canada, I will be flying
in and out for the visits. Is it possible to leave a car there for use
during these visits? I do not and will not be owning any property or
home in Canada. Also, is anyone aware whether or not I will ever "max
out" hte number of times that I can enter and leave the country?
Thanks in advance for the info!
Old February 11th, 2008, 03:57 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

I am planning on maintaining a residence in the US but visiting Canada
on a weekly basis. After I drive my car into Canada, I will be flying
in and out for the visits. Is it possible to leave a car there for use
during these visits?

Don't know if Canadian laws would prohibit it, but some insurance
policies limit the number of days your car can be continuously outside
the U.S. per year. Check with your agent.