Trans atlantic flights from £80

Old October 14th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Jon

Default Trans atlantic flights from £80

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5019821.html
Old October 14th, 2003, 11:19 PM
JohnT

"Jon" wrote in message
om...
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5019821.html

When it actually happens, tell us again.

I have a return/roundtrip flight booked on a real airline (KLM)
NCL-AMS-LAX for GBP £235 + tax which is a really good price. I don't
think there is much profit in that so GLA to anywhere for £80 is going
to be a bargain if it ever happens.

JohnT

Old October 15th, 2003, 06:40 AM
Sjoerd

"JohnT" schreef in bericht

"Jon" wrote in message
om...
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5019821.html

When it actually happens, tell us again.

I have a return/roundtrip flight booked on a real airline (KLM)
NCL-AMS-LAX for GBP £235 + tax which is a really good price. I don't
think there is much profit in that so GLA to anywhere for £80 is going
to be a bargain if it ever happens.

The GBP 80 is for a one-way. And Glasgow to Halifax is a bit :-)) shorter
distance than AMS to LAX.

Sjoerd

Old October 15th, 2003, 02:49 PM
fox1

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:10:10 +0200, AJC wrote:

What are you on about 'Chelsea & Tania'? The offer is not £80 it is
from £89 one way = from £178 return + tax. Stick in some random dates
on their booking site for the spring and you are more likely to be
offered £300 return + tax.

Stick-in the real peak periods and there will be no difference between Zoom and scheduled
carriers... The Glasgow media keep complaining about Zoom receiving no subsidies..

Don't they realise Zoom are disqualified because they might 'distort' the already over-capacity
GLA North American market.?

Globespan's intended 'new' sunshine routes from GLA are similarly disqualified for the same reason..

I especially like the nonsense on their website that says:" Zoom will
use wide-bodied Boeing 767-300 aircraft with a seat of 31 inches
offering more legroom than most transatlantic carriers"

Sad isn't it? :-(((
Old October 16th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Jon

fox1 wrote in message . ..
[...]

fox1 every one knows that you dont like GLA airport and you are
bitter that EDI only has 1 trans atlantic service compaird to Glasgow'
14 destinations and the 10 airlines offering trans atlantic flights
from GLA
Old October 16th, 2003, 01:37 PM
Jon

fox1 wrote in message . ..
[...]

fox1 you are a very sad pathetic little thing
Old October 17th, 2003, 10:13 PM
S Viemeister

Jon wrote:

Fox1 what do you think about todays announcement by US Airway to fly
to Glasgow from May2004?

Flying from which airport?
Old October 18th, 2003, 03:17 AM
Miguel Cruz

S Viemeister wrote:
Jon wrote:
Fox1 what do you think about todays announcement by US Airway to fly
to Glasgow from May2004?

Flying from which airport?

Presumably Philadelphia.

miguel
Old October 18th, 2003, 03:41 AM
S Viemeister

Miguel Cruz wrote:

S Viemeister wrote:
Jon wrote:
Fox1 what do you think about todays announcement by US Airway to fly
to Glasgow from May2004?

Flying from which airport?

Presumably Philadelphia.

Yes - I checked that, and you are correct!