RCCL implementing fees for Johnny Rockets

Old March 10th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Jo-Ann

Default RCCL implementing fees for Johnny Rockets

I've already emailed Royal Caribbean to voice my displeasure. Maybe
if more people do this, they'll get the message.

Jo-Ann

"George Leppla" wrote in message ...
"Bill C" wrote

I just read on www.Cruise Critic.com that Royal Caribbean will now be
charging a $3.95 fee for eating at Johnny Rockets.

They tried this before and abandoned it when the passengers abandoned Johnny
Rockets. I like Johnny Rockets but not enough to stand in line for more
than a few minutes and certainly not enough to pay for it.

This is one policy that will truly be reviewed by the passenger's response.
My advice... eat in the Windjammer or the dining room. If enough people do
that, Royal Caribbean will get the message once again.

Old March 10th, 2004, 04:27 PM
George Leppla

"Jo-Ann" wrote

I've already emailed Royal Caribbean to voice my displeasure. Maybe
if more people do this, they'll get the message.

I know... maybe in January on the Explorer of the Seas we can have a
protest. Imagine 200+ people wearing MOAGC shirts and carrying signs.

"Free the Burgers"
"Johnny Rockets Must Go Free"
"No Bucks For Burgers"
"Help the Hamburger Hostages"
"What do you say... We Won't Pay!"
"Nixon Must Go!"

Ooops... sorry about that last one. Must have been a flash-back. vbg

--
George in PA http://www.countryside-travel.com

r.t.c. Great Land Cruise-Las Vegas http://www.cruisemaster.com/lvbash.htm
Sleazy 3 - Carnival Conquest http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
The Mother of All Group Cruises http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com

Old March 10th, 2004, 06:40 PM
DaFlaBear

Sorry Charles, but the one on the Explorer is so laden with grease the
sanitized, (as YOU call it) aluminum on the walls behind the counter is
filthy.
I was in the one on the Mariner in January and it was getting the same
way.
They never seem to clean the place in a proper manner because it's open
so may hours.
It reminds me of a short order greek restaurant like you would find all
over Chicago, only with fake juke boxes and uniforms.
Yeah, it's a greasy spoon.

Old March 10th, 2004, 11:17 PM
Paul

Actually, the same article mentions that Crown and Anchor Society members of
all levels (i.e., you've cruised on RCCL at least once before) will get
coupons for one free meal at Johnny Rockets. In my opinion, once is enough
at any Johnny Rockets during a one-week cruise! It's good food, but are you
really on a cruise to eat at a glorified McDonalds every day (for heaven's
sakes!)?

Cheers,
Paul

Latin phrase to live by: "Illegitimis nil carborundum"

"Bill C" wrote in message
I just read on www.Cruise Critic.com that Royal Caribbean will now be
charging a $3.95 fee for eating at Johnny Rockets. The fee will also be

for
take out orders. The fee started with the Mariner of the Sea this week and
will start March 13 on the Navigator of the Sea.
Of course the reason for the charge is the same one they use all the time,
"to manage demand for the restaurant".

Sorry if this was already posted.

Bill

Old March 10th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:07:31 GMT, "MZT" wrote:

Are they going to start charging $3.95 for lounge rental to "manage demand".

Hi,

You are too late. Charging for outside lounge chairs goes back 80+
years on passenger ships. AFAIK, only one cruise line continues this
tradition on one ship.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old March 10th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Thumper

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:07:31 GMT, "MZT" wrote:

Gee, there is a big demand for lounge chairs near the pool on sea days too.
Are they going to start charging $3.95 for lounge rental to "manage demand".
I just e-mailed them and told them that the Johnny Rockets surcharge is
ludicrous. It's bad enough that you now have to pay for a fountain soda
even with dinner. I think more people need to voice a complaint.

What they really are saying is that there is so much demand for JR
that they feel they can get away with charging. It's fleecing in my
opinion.
Thumper

Old March 10th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Gregory C. Read

In my opinion, with prices of cruises still being quite low, I don't have
any problem with them charging for extras. You want Johnny Rockets to be
free, while I probably wouldn't eat there anyway. Why should I subsidize
your extra with increased fares? How about the passengers who don't drink
subsidizing my drinks? If you want all the stuff to be included, go on a
luxury cruise line where you might pay two, three or more times for the same
itinerary. As long as they provide the regular dining room and buffet meals
without charge, I think they should be able to charge for the specialty
meals, even if it is just a better burger joint.

--
Greg
lid

news

Old March 11th, 2004, 12:01 AM
MZT

Don't misunderstand me, I don't personally think the food is that great in
Johnny Rockets but it's a much better burger than anywhere else on the ship.
But, I have a teenage son who prefers Johnny Rockets to anything else on the
ship. My biggest concern is that first it's a $3.95 surcharge to Johnny
Rockets and then they will start charging again for Rock Climbing, Ice
Skating, Mini-Golf etc. They nickel and dime you to death as is. Where
will it stop?

Old March 11th, 2004, 12:56 AM
E.k.R.

Frankly, I have no problem with RCI charging for Johnny Rockets. I think
they should have all along, and at $3.95 per visit for unlimited food I
think it's a steal. At any Johnny Rockets on land, $3.95 won't get you very
far... maybe an order of fries.
Like Haagen Daaz ice cream on Princess, Johnny Rockets is a premium well
known branded item and I would not expect to get it for free. There are
certainly enough alternative places on the Voyager class ships to get a
hamburger (including room service) if you don't want to pay for Johnny
Rockets.

Now if Johnny Rockets were the only outlet to get a hamburger and fries on
the entire ship, then I would have a problem with the additional fee.

Ernie - who likes Johnny Rockets *almost* as much as In & Out Burger in
LA..... the thing I miss most about California besides my friends.