Need help - Men's dress for tour of Japan and Thailand

Old August 20th, 2007, 07:20 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
zxcvar

Default Need help - Men's dress for tour of Japan and Thailand

Greetings! I shall be traveling to Japan and Bangkok from 15th
September to 15th October 2007 from USA. What type of clothings shall
I bring? Full sleeve shirt, tie and Jacket or what Californians wear
in summer? This will be my first trip. Japanese men seems to wear
western dress all the time. What is casual dress for Japanese men?
With thanks.

Old August 21st, 2007, 12:39 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
A Mate

tie? Only if you're there on business.

Collared shirt and slacks will be satisfactory everywhere in Japan. Sweater,
or casual jacket for evenings.

Bangkok will be much hotter - shorts, if you can stand the sight of your own
knobbly knees.

ups.com...

Old August 21st, 2007, 12:53 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Donald Newcomb

"zxcvar" wrote in message
ups.com...
Greetings! I shall be traveling to Japan and Bangkok from 15th
September to 15th October 2007 from USA. What type of clothings shall
I bring? Full sleeve shirt, tie and Jacket or what Californians wear
in summer? This will be my first trip. Japanese men seems to wear
western dress all the time. What is casual dress for Japanese men?
With thanks.

Very similar to the US. Business dress for business. Clean shirt and slacks
for casual wear. On Okinawa dress like Hawaii. Of course, you never want to
look grubby or shabby.

--
Donald R. Newcomb
DRNewcomb (at) attglobal (dot) net

Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:25 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Tchiowa

On Aug 21, 1:20 am, zxcvar wrote:
Greetings! I shall be traveling to Japan and Bangkok from 15th
September to 15th October 2007 from USA. What type of clothings shall
I bring? Full sleeve shirt, tie and Jacket or what Californians wear
in summer? This will be my first trip. Japanese men seems to wear
western dress all the time. What is casual dress for Japanese men?
With thanks.

Western dress in Thailand is the norm. Shorts are "gauche" but
tourists often wear them. Jeans and a polo will suffice just about
anywhere.
'