Munich to Madrid by car

Old May 9th, 2008, 03:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
NealR2000[_2_]

Default Munich to Madrid by car

I am planning to purchase a new car in Munich in Sept/Oct and have it
shipped to the USA. This European Delivery Program allows you to get
the car in Munich, and then have up to 2-weeks complimentary car
insurance before dropping it off at any number of shipment points
within the continent. One of them is Madrid. I am therefore, looking
to spending one week, driving from Munich to Madrid with my wife.
What I'm looking for is a recommended route, taking into consideration
scenery, seasonal weather, and a week to do it in.
Old May 10th, 2008, 02:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

On Fri, 9 May 2008 07:33:42 -0700 (PDT), NealR2000
wrote:

I am planning to purchase a new car in Munich in Sept/Oct and have it
shipped to the USA. This European Delivery Program allows you to get
the car in Munich, and then have up to 2-weeks complimentary car
insurance before dropping it off at any number of shipment points
within the continent. One of them is Madrid. I am therefore, looking
to spending one week, driving from Munich to Madrid with my wife.
What I'm looking for is a recommended route, taking into consideration
scenery, seasonal weather, and a week to do it in.

There are so many options depending on your interests.

I enjoyed part of that possible route in a couple of
different ways.

A suggestion, based on my own wanders. Go south from Munich
via the Fussen district, then around lake Constance and down
into Switzerland, through Switzerland via Interlaken and
Geneva and side trips between. Then through South-Eastern
France, Lyon or Grenoble to the south to join the Riviera
coast at any point you like, then along the Riviera to
Barcelona, with side trips to the Avignon and Carcassonne
regions.

Then on to Madrid.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Cambodia http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/2008/03/cambodia.html
Old May 10th, 2008, 06:57 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos

"Alan S" kirjoitti
om...
wrote:

I am planning to purchase a new car in Munich in Sept/Oct and have it
shipped to the USA. This European Delivery Program allows you to get
the car in Munich, and then have up to 2-weeks complimentary car
insurance before dropping it off at any number of shipment points
within the continent. One of them is Madrid. I am therefore, looking
to spending one week, driving from Munich to Madrid with my wife.
What I'm looking for is a recommended route, taking into consideration
scenery, seasonal weather, and a week to do it in.

There are so many options depending on your interests.

Absolutely. However a time frame of ONE WEEK doesn't allow any deeper
commitments but having a quick 30 minute peek on the zocalo of town. The
shortest path (along major roads) from Munchen to Madrid is around 2000
kilometers. Close to this path are cities like Zurich, Geneva, Lyon, Nimes,
Montpellier, Barcelona and Zaragoza. Naturally the end points en route are
two most interesting large cities.

Old May 10th, 2008, 06:15 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike....[_4_]

Following up to Alan S

then along the Riviera to
Barcelona,

the east coast isnt the best part of Spain for good driving, I would go
along the north coast and then down to Madrid, although it will be much
slower progress.
--
"Mike....."(not "Mike")
remove clothing to email
Old May 12th, 2008, 08:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JuanElorza[_4_]

On Sat, 10 May 2008 11:55:26 +1000, Alan S wroteÂ*:

wrote:

[...]

Instead of Lyon, Grenoble, consider Annecy (passing through the Aravis
moutain Grand Bornand, La Clusaz).
From Carcassone go to Mirepoix (not far from Toulouse) and Foix and cross
the Pyrenees in Andorra). If you have enough time wander through the
Aragon spanish Pyrenees.

http://www.lacannecy.com/
http://www.legrandbornand08.com/
http://www.laclusaz08.com/