RCCL Voyager doors??

Old June 26th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Nicholson

Default RCCL Voyager doors??

My son is getting married on ship next week. Does anyone know if the
doors to the cabins are wood or metal. We would like to decorate and
magnetic items would be great... but if the doors are not metal.....
that change our plans.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Old June 26th, 2005, 05:44 PM

The doors are metal.

No Decorations are allwed on doors without the permission of the ship.

Door decorations have ruined many a door and it's about time that the
cruise lines have clamped down.

If you don't want to pay for the door to be refinished, put some flowers
in the cabin.
The rest of the passegers don't care that the abin contain newleyweds

Inspector Gadget

Old June 26th, 2005, 06:00 PM
clint

All I know is the walls are thin, hope for the neighbors that his "heifer's"
not a yeller and a moaner! haha

Old June 26th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Tom K

"Nicholson" wrote in message
My son is getting married on ship next week. Does anyone know if the doors
to the cabins are wood or metal.

They would not be real wood. Fire hazzard.

They're most likely metal framed plastic.

We would like to decorate and magnetic items would be great... but if the
doors are not metal..... that change our plans.

Don't plan on them holding magnets.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Old June 26th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Tom K

wrote in message

The doors are metal.

No Decorations are allwed on doors without the permission of the ship.

Door decorations have ruined many a door

Huh? What's to ruin? They're plastic/vinyl.

and it's about time that the
cruise lines have clamped down.

If you don't want to pay for the door to be refinished,

I didn't know that they refinish plastic these days.

put some flowers
in the cabin.
The rest of the passegers don't care that the abin contain newleyweds

The cruise lines will even decorate newleywed doors.

Inspector Gadget

Old June 26th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Charles

In article , Tom K
wrote:

The cruise lines will even decorate newleywed doors.

Princess for one will decorate doors for newlyweds, birthdays, and
anniversaries.

--
Charles
Old June 26th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Tom K

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Tom K
wrote:

The cruise lines will even decorate newleywed doors.

Princess for one will decorate doors for newlyweds, birthdays, and
anniversaries.

--
Charles

Welcome home Charles.

Hope you had a nice cruise.

--Tom

Old June 26th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Brian K

On 06/26/2005 11:58 AM Nicholson while holding "court", exclaimed:

My son is getting married on ship next week. Does anyone know if the
doors to the cabins are wood or metal. We would like to decorate and
magnetic items would be great... but if the doors are not metal.....
that change our plans.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Unless you will be on the cruise too, don't plan on doing any door
decorations. Only ticket holding passengers will be permitted aboard.
Even if you are, the ship may only approve those decorations that they
sell in the cruise line shop via your travel agent or online.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

Old June 27th, 2005, 12:25 AM
Nicholson

"Brian K" wrote in message
Unless you will be on the cruise too, don't plan on doing any door
decorations. Only ticket holding passengers will be permitted aboard.
Even if you are, the ship may only approve those decorations that they
sell in the cruise line shop via your travel agent or online.

Thanks Brian and everyone else. I did not realize it would not be
allowed. Yes, we are going on the cruise too.. some family members will
just be at the wedding (Explorer of the Sea's Chapel) then they will get
off ship. I just thought it would be fun for the newly weds to have
their door decorated!

Cheryl

Old June 27th, 2005, 12:38 AM
CruiseJournals.com

I worked on the Voyager, and the doors (and walls and ceilings) are
metal. I used magnets to hang everything in my cabin.

Doors get decorated all the time. Don't worry about it. You should
let your cabin steward know though. There may be limits to what you
can or can't do.

Cheers!
Jeff Birmingham
http://CruiseJournals.com - Cruise Community Pages