Cheap air fares within Aus

Old July 30th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Anonymous

Default Questions NZ Travel

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:47:12 +1100, dave
wrote:

Hi Karen,
I too are planning a holiday to NZ but not until March/April of

2005.
However I have found an excellent website that might be of some help
to you. They have some great driving holidays outline in detail.
Enjoy your trip.
www.purenz.com

www.aaguide.co.nz

is another site you may find useful.

Cath
--multiplaza.nl.nu--

Old July 30th, 2004, 05:41 AM

Default Snorkeling around Brisbane???

Clean water - Yes!!

Sharks - Yes! too. But not normally particularly aggressive. Netting
and
set lines at bathing beaches reduces the number I suspect!

"4000 psi" wrote in message
are the waters pretty clean? how are the sharks?

"A Mate" wrote in message
u...
Bribie Island ocean side - yes! Same for Moreton Island. The good

breaks
are
also just half an hour further north on the Sunshine Coast - or at
Duranbah etc on the southern Gold Coast.

"4000 psi" wrote in message
any good breaks at those beaches as well?

"Roger Martin" wrote in message
"Darren" .*******s wrote in message
Hi Everyone,
In March I'm going to Australia for a holiday for 3 weeks. While
I'm
there
intend to do some snorkelling and I would like to teach my
girlfriend
how
snorkel.
Can anyone recommend a beach around Brisbane that I can go to?
Ideally
I'm
looking for a sandy beach with Very small waves. It dosen't have
be
too
intresting as I just need it for her to get used to the water
while
wearing
a mask and snokel. The most important thing are the small waves.
I'm hoping that we can go to the marine reserve in Moreton Bay,
but
before
that I have to be able take her snorkelling off the mainland
shore.

Can anyone also tell me if there are box jellyfish around Brisbane
at
the
moment. I don't think there are, but I'd like to check.

Thanks in advance

Darren

Try Pumicestone Passage, Bribie Island , nice sandy beaches, next to
no
jellyfish, quite a few pods of dolphins and the odd dugong. Just a
sandy
bottom though so its fairly boring.

On calm days the Ocean Beach is ok.

For something more interesting the wrecks on Moreton Island are
really
worth
the visit, the area is sheltered and very good for first timers.

Redcliffe has a beach which is cross between grit, mud and rocks.
Any
closer
to Brisbane and the beaches get to be muddy and full of mangroves.
Going
South is similar.

--
www.bribieisland4x4hire.com
VW Kombi Camper Buy Backs

--multiplaza.nl.nu--

Old July 30th, 2004, 05:41 AM

Default Is it expensive for Americans to travel in Australia??

Like Canada - in broad terms!

wrote in message
om...
Ok, I know that this is a subjective question. But I am trying to

get
a sense of whether the declining US dollar still lets you travel
affordably in Australia. Perhaps a comparison would be useful. Is it
as expensive as travelling in Europe? Or is it a little less
expensive, say, like travelling in Canada? Thanks in advance for any
help here!

--multiplaza.nl.nu--

Old July 30th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Anonymous

"dave" wrote in message
Hi Karen,
I too are planning a holiday to NZ but not until March/April of

2005.
However I have found an excellent website that might be of some help
to you. They have some great driving holidays outline in detail.
Enjoy your trip.
www.purenz.com

You can check out my Blog at http://www.galleryvittoria.com/nzblog/.
We're spending 2 years travelling around New Zealand. We just jump in
the
car and go somewhere we've heard about so its not a well structured
tour.
We're in Christchurch doing the South Island first.

By March next year we should have some great recommendations.

cheers

Brooklyn
--multiplaza.nl.nu--