Warmest city in Europe in February

Old August 15th, 2006, 02:19 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
PGPS

Default Warmest city in Europe in February

Hi,
I intend to travel through europe in February of next year. I was
wondering if you can suggest a good tourist place which is warm (20
degrees centigrade or more) in mid-February. I wish to use the Euro
rail for a maximum of 12hr ride one way. Any suggestions will be highly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Old August 15th, 2006, 03:11 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Iceman

PGPS wrote:
Hi,
I intend to travel through europe in February of next year. I was
wondering if you can suggest a good tourist place which is warm (20
degrees centigrade or more) in mid-February. I wish to use the Euro
rail for a maximum of 12hr ride one way. Any suggestions will be highly
appreciated.

Nowhere is 20 C or more in winter on the entire European continent.

A few places will be 10-15C during the day and 5-10C at night -
basically the southern parts of Portugal, Spain, France and Italy.

Old August 15th, 2006, 03:20 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Joseph Coulter[_1_]

"Iceman" wrote in news:1155607870.348474.271110
@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

PGPS wrote:
Hi,
I intend to travel through europe in February of next year. I was
wondering if you can suggest a good tourist place which is warm (20
degrees centigrade or more) in mid-February. I wish to use the Euro
rail for a maximum of 12hr ride one way. Any suggestions will be highly
appreciated.

Nowhere is 20 C or more in winter on the entire European continent.

A few places will be 10-15C during the day and 5-10C at night -
basically the southern parts of Portugal, Spain, France and Italy.

of course if we call Turkey Europe . . .

and, OP, 12 hours from where and why?

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old August 15th, 2006, 09:11 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
a.spencer3

. 97.136...

PGPS wrote:
Hi,
I intend to travel through europe in February of next year. I was
wondering if you can suggest a good tourist place which is warm (20
degrees centigrade or more) in mid-February. I wish to use the Euro
rail for a maximum of 12hr ride one way. Any suggestions will be highly
appreciated.

Nowhere is 20 C or more in winter on the entire European continent.

A few places will be 10-15C during the day and 5-10C at night -
basically the southern parts of Portugal, Spain, France and Italy.

of course if we call Turkey Europe . . .

and, OP, 12 hours from where and why?

Whether Turkey's in Europe or not, it ain't that warm in winter.
Unless you're including Tenerife etc., the del Sol east of Gib is about the
winter warmest. Beats much of N. Africa.
My ideal warm winter place - Aswan.

Surreyman

Old August 15th, 2006, 12:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
gerald

:

PGPS wrote:
Hi,
I intend to travel through europe in February of next year. I was
wondering if you can suggest a good tourist place which is warm (20
degrees centigrade or more) in mid-February. I wish to use the Euro
rail for a maximum of 12hr ride one way. Any suggestions will be highly
appreciated.

Nowhere is 20 C or more in winter on the entire European continent.

A few places will be 10-15C during the day and 5-10C at night -
basically the southern parts of Portugal, Spain, France and Italy.

of course if we call Turkey Europe . . .

my feb visit to istanbul a few years back had 0 C and quite a bit of
snow. I think that is probably the warmest section of european
mainland turkey.
Old August 15th, 2006, 12:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Lennart Petersen

"Martin" skrev i meddelandet
On 14 Aug 2006 19:11:10 -0700, "Iceman" wrote:

PGPS wrote:
Hi,
I intend to travel through europe in February of next year. I was
wondering if you can suggest a good tourist place which is warm (20
degrees centigrade or more) in mid-February. I wish to use the Euro
rail for a maximum of 12hr ride one way. Any suggestions will be highly
appreciated.

Nowhere is 20 C or more in winter on the entire European continent.

I spent a Christmas holiday sailing in the Med. once, when the
temperatures topped 20DegC.

----------
But X-mas rarely occurs in February.

Old August 15th, 2006, 01:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Robert Rudolf

Warning: This post may contain traces of sarcasm.

PGPS wrote:
Hi,
I intend to travel through europe in February of next year. I was
wondering if you can suggest a good tourist place which is warm (20
degrees centigrade or more) in mid-February.

Well, these four destinations are technically a part of Europe (or, at
leat, the EU): Réunion, Guadeloupe, Martinique and French Guiana. They
might be the warmest parts of "Europe" in February.

I wish to use the Euro
rail for a maximum of 12hr ride one way. Any suggestions will be highly
appreciated.

This might cause some problems... :-)

SCRN,

Robert
Old August 15th, 2006, 02:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Lennart Petersen

PGPS wrote:
Hi,
I intend to travel through europe in February of next year. I was
wondering if you can suggest a good tourist place which is warm (20
degrees centigrade or more) in mid-February.

Well, these four destinations are technically a part of Europe (or, at
leat, the EU): Réunion, Guadeloupe, Martinique and French Guiana. They
might be the warmest parts of "Europe" in February.

-------------------
Does it mean that non-EU countries aren't in Europe ?

Old August 15th, 2006, 02:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Robert Rudolf

Lennart Petersen wrote:

Does it mean that non-EU countries aren't in Europe ?

No, the other way 'round: non-European countries aren't (yet, let's wait
for Turkey) in the EU (except the mentioned DOM and probably some other
overseas territories, which are no sovereign Nations).

hth,

Robert