Driving between Alice Springs and Uluru (Ayers Rock)

Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:49 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Phil[_8_]

Default Driving between Alice Springs and Uluru (Ayers Rock)

"Rudy" wrote in message
PhilD
(up around Darwin)

Ok, looking for a PhilD in Adelaide area

You'd better buy a better map first:-)

I actually have an excellent Aussie Road Atlas I acquired for out trip
there in '06

Actually, I'm going there next week and will be seeing another PhilD, my
Father, but I doubt that he's who you want either.
PhilD

"My" Phil is in the Yatala prison ..that wouldn't that be yer Pa, would
it ? ;-))

Most definitely not

Old October 27th, 2008, 08:23 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg

Henry wrote:
Qanset wrote:

Or better still I will drive in the middle of summer, to avoid the ice
and snow.

Erm ... don't forget that Oz is in the Southern Hemisphere, where the
seasons are reversed. There, the ice and snow come in the summer.

Not only that, but because *everything* is reversed, the road is on
*top* of the ice and snow. *Very* dangerous! BTW, did I mention the
water, floods, lightning, storms, ghosts, Fosters-drinkers, etc.?
Old October 27th, 2008, 10:44 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Dick Adams[_2_]

Frank Slootweg wrote:
Henry wrote:
Qanset wrote:

Or better still I will drive in the middle of summer,
to avoid the ice and snow.

Erm ... don't forget that Oz is in the Southern Hemisphere,
where the seasons are reversed. There, the ice and snow
come in the summer.

Not only that, but because *everything* is reversed, the road
is on *top* of the ice and snow. *Very* dangerous! BTW, did I
mention the water, floods, lightning, storms, ghosts,
Fosters-drinkers, etc.?

How absurd! Do Aussies really drink Fosters? I thought
Fosters was only sold in the States where there a some
people willing to drink corn-flavored swill.

Dick
Old October 28th, 2008, 02:44 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
A Guy Called Tyketto

Old October 28th, 2008, 07:09 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg

Dick Adams wrote:
Frank Slootweg wrote:
Henry wrote:
Qanset wrote:

Or better still I will drive in the middle of summer,
to avoid the ice and snow.

Erm ... don't forget that Oz is in the Southern Hemisphere,
where the seasons are reversed. There, the ice and snow
come in the summer.

Not only that, but because *everything* is reversed, the road
is on *top* of the ice and snow. *Very* dangerous! BTW, did I
mention the water, floods, lightning, storms, ghosts,
Fosters-drinkers, etc.?

How absurd! Do Aussies really drink Fosters? I thought
Fosters was only sold in the States where there a some
people willing to drink corn-flavored swill.

Did I say anything about *Aussies*? I said "Fosters-drinkers". That's
anyone *but* Aussies! They just make it and sell it to the furinners,
*literally* taking them for a ****. I.e. the same thing we - the Dutch -
do with Heineken.

--
Frank "(restlessly) dreaming about Coopers, Toohey, etc.." Slootweg
Old October 29th, 2008, 01:56 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Newsgroups[_2_]

"Frank Slootweg" wrote in message
b.home.nl...
Dick Adams wrote:
Frank Slootweg wrote:
Henry wrote:
Qanset wrote:

Or better still I will drive in the middle of summer,
to avoid the ice and snow.

Erm ... don't forget that Oz is in the Southern Hemisphere,
where the seasons are reversed. There, the ice and snow
come in the summer.

Not only that, but because *everything* is reversed, the road
is on *top* of the ice and snow. *Very* dangerous! BTW, did I
mention the water, floods, lightning, storms, ghosts,
Fosters-drinkers, etc.?

How absurd! Do Aussies really drink Fosters? I thought
Fosters was only sold in the States where there a some
people willing to drink corn-flavored swill.

Did I say anything about *Aussies*? I said "Fosters-drinkers". That's
anyone *but* Aussies! They just make it and sell it to the furinners,
*literally* taking them for a ****. I.e. the same thing we - the Dutch -
do with Heineken.

Many years ago I worked with a bunch of guys who, as far as beer went, only
drunk Fosters. At the time there were a mixture of steel and ally cans, but
they would only drink it if they were in the steel cans. If the supply of
them ended and they were offered the ally cans they would immediately switch
to spirits. They reckoned that they could tell the difference in taste. Due
to the risk of physical danger I refrained from the obvious question, if
they were so lacking in taste buds that their drink of choice was Fosters,
how the hell could they know the difference.

PhilD

Old October 29th, 2008, 03:05 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Gerrit

Dick Adams wrote:
Frank Slootweg wrote:
Henry wrote:
Qanset wrote:

[...]

Obviously they already knew about the connection between aluminium and
Alzheimer's.
so decided not to risk it.

Old October 31st, 2008, 06:54 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Dick Adams[_2_]

A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:
Dick Adams wrote:

How absurd! Do Aussies really drink Fosters? I thought
Fosters was only sold in the States where there a some
people willing to drink corn-flavored swill.

Fosters - Australian for ****.

And I thought Fosters was Australian for horse ****

Personally, I prefer Hahn or Hahn Ice (actually, they've been
the only beers I've ever liked). But also, as the saying goes,
"The Best Cold Beer.. is Vic."

I'm a Ale guy myself.

Dick