matador gored

Old May 22nd, 2010, 07:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.photo.digital,uk.politics.misc
BP killed my turtle

Default matador gored

hardy ****in ha....excellent photo too

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...bullfight.html

Matador escapes death by the skin of his teeth after horrific goring
in Madrid bullfight
By MAIL FOREIGN SERVICE
Last updated at 6:18 PM on 22nd May 2010
Comments (0)
Add to My Stories
WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
Spanish matador Julio Aparicio needed two operations after he was
horrifically gored through the throat during a bullfight in Madrid.
The half-ton bull, called Opiparo, struck after Julio Aparicio lost
his footing and stumbled while carrying out a pass with is red cape in
a packed Las Ventas bullring.
One of the animal's horns tore into his throat and punched through the
bottom of his mouth as the crowd screamed in horror at the bullfight
last night.

Impaled: Spanish bullfighter Julio Aparicio is gored through the
throat during a packed bullfight at Las Ventas in Madrid
The force of the impact lifted the matador into the air, puncturing
his tongue and fracturing his jawbone, before the bull threw him to
the sand.
Fellow matadors dashed to the rescue and managed to distract the bull
so medics could get to Mr Aparicio.
The 41-year-old managed to struggle to his feet, but collapsed with
blood pouring down his neck and had to be carried from the ring.
He had an emergency one-hour operation in the Las Ventas medical
centre, before being transfered to the October 12 Hospital in Madrid,
where doctors performed an emergency tracheotomy and worked to
reconstruct his jaw, tongue and the roof of his mouth during a six-
hour operation.

Critical: The torero was lifted off the ground by the force of the
bull's impact before being hurled to the sand floor

Shocked: Mr Aparicio had to have two emergency operations to install a
tracheotomy and reconstruct his jaw and the roof of his mouth
A spokesman for the hospital said: 'He remains in the intensive care
unit of the hospital, has regained consciousness and his vital signs
are stable.'
His father, also called Julio Aparicio, said there were no
complications during the surgery.
He said: 'It was a serious goring. Almost his entire mouth was
destroyed.
'It's too early to talk of recovery, we must wait and see.'
The injury happened as Mr Aparicio was attempting the faena, a series
of passes in which he uses his cape and sword before delivering the
death blow - or estocada.
It is not known what has happened to the bull.

Horrific: The bullfighter loses his footing and slips to the sandy
floor before the half-ton bull gores him through the throat
Mr Aparicio, from Seville, comes from a well-known family of matadors.
He is in a grave condition in hospital.
Evening bullfights are watched by sell-out crowds at the 25,000 seat
Las Ventas bullring and are broadcast live on cable television.
Six bulls are killed in each bullfight.

Read mo
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...#ixzz0ogWgrygb
Old May 22nd, 2010, 08:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.photo.digital,uk.politics.misc
Runge121

Default Warning crosspost viruses !

....courtesy of michaelnewport of course

groupe de discussion :

Old May 23rd, 2010, 12:19 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.photo.digital,uk.politics.misc
Robert Coe

:
[...]

Bah. The only horrific aspect to any of this is that bullfighting is allowed
in any allegedly civilized country. I feel, I guess, some sympathy for the
matador's family, but the matador himself got no more than he richly deserved.

Bob
Old May 23rd, 2010, 12:31 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.photo.digital,uk.politics.misc
True Blue[_4_]

:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...69/Matador-esc...
:
[...]

I hope the bull is allowed the honours of the Victor.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:17 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.photo.digital,uk.politics.misc
Twibil

On May 22, 4:19*pm, Robert Coe wrote:

Bah. The only horrific aspect to any of this is that bullfighting is allowed
in any allegedly civilized country. I feel, I guess, some sympathy for the
matador's family, but the matador himself got no more than he richly deserved.

Gee, I hate to imagine what you think the slaughter-house employee -
who kills several hundred animals every day- "richly deserves".

(Notes for PETA members and other easily-outraged souls: 1.) The bulls
killed in bullfights are butchered and the meat is generally given to
charitable organizations such as orphanages; places that would seldom
see any meat at all otherwise. 2.) Let's say you're a bull, shall we?
Would you like a chance to take one of those funny-looking guys in the
tight suits along with you when you go, or would you prefer to be hit
between the eyes with a sledge hammer or electrocuted without warning?)
Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:53 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.photo.digital,uk.politics.misc
MC

abelard wrote:

On Sat, 22 May 2010 17:17:14 -0700 (PDT), Twibil
wrote:

[...]

you get a longer life as fighting bull and you may
get reprieved and put out to stud if you do unusually well!

This is correct. It is quite rare though. This honour is bestowed on
the bull by the crowd or the matador if they feel the bull has fought
well. The bull is patched up and retired from the ring and can,
indeed, be put out to stud.

I have seen bullfighting on TV during my many visits to areas of the
Europe where it has been broadcast. The first time I watched it was
through curiosity and I did so with a little trepidation. I was
surprised, however, that I was more caught up with the spectacle of the
event itself rather than repulsed by the blood thirsty nature of it.

MC
Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:15 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.photo.digital,uk.politics.misc
Peter[_11_]

wrote:

[...]

Reminds me of the story about a restaurant across from the bull ring.
The specialty on the menu is, bull's balls.
When a patron complained that his portion was unusually small the waiter
replied."el toro no siempre pierden."

--
Peter

Old May 23rd, 2010, 05:39 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.photo.digital,uk.politics.misc
Fred McKenzie

In article ,
"Peter" wrote:

Reminds me of the story about a restaurant across from the bull ring.

Reminds me of another story that involves a bull.

http://denisdutton.com/smoke.htm

Fred
Old May 23rd, 2010, 05:42 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.photo.digital,uk.politics.misc
GMAN

In article , BP killed my turtle wrote:
hardy ****in ha....excellent photo too

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...-escapes-death
-skin-teeth-horrific-goring-Madrid-bullfight.html

Matador escapes death by the skin of his teeth after horrific goring
in Madrid bullfight
By MAIL FOREIGN SERVICE
Last updated at 6:18 PM on 22nd May 2010
Comments (0)
Add to My Stories
WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
Spanish matador Julio Aparicio needed two operations after he was
horrifically gored through the throat during a bullfight in Madrid.
The half-ton bull, called Opiparo, struck after Julio Aparicio lost
his footing and stumbled while carrying out a pass with is red cape in
a packed Las Ventas bullring.
One of the animal's horns tore into his throat and punched through the
bottom of his mouth as the crowd screamed in horror at the bullfight
last night.

Impaled: Span

And we are to feel sorry for the Matador when we all know what they do to the
bulls?

I dont feel sorry for the aholes who keep building and living in flood plains
and who keep losing their houses here in the US either.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 05:44 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.photo.digital,uk.politics.misc
GMAN

In article , Twibil wrote:
On May 22, 4:19=A0pm, Robert Coe wrote:

Bah. The only horrific aspect to any of this is that bullfighting is allo=

wed
in any allegedly civilized country. I feel, I guess, some sympathy for th=

matador's family, but the matador himself got no more than he richly dese=

rved.

Gee, I hate to imagine what you think the slaughter-house employee -
who kills several hundred animals every day- "richly deserves".

(Notes for PETA members and other easily-outraged souls: 1.) The bulls
killed in bullfights are butchered and the meat is generally given to
charitable organizations such as orphanages; places that would seldom
see any meat at all otherwise.

Maybe if your country wasnt so backass 3rd world, where all they know to do is
to FU^k 24 hours per day and pop out babies, maybe they wouldnt need so many
orphanages. Also, how many young children do you know are able to eat steak?