Separate Luggage from Travelers!

Old October 31st, 2003, 03:33 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Separate Luggage from Travelers!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Universal Express and thought it
would be of interest. It is an interesting concept and is certainly
be controversial. What are your thoughts? If you have missed any of
my news' postings, they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Universal Express-USXP- Policy Proposal Reduces Passenger Waiting Time
at Airports, Separates Luggage from Travelers

NEW YORK Oct. 31, 2003
Universal Express, Inc. (OTCBB:USXP) CEO Richard Altomare announces
his Transportation Security White Paper proposes separating the
luggage from the passengers effectively reducing the time travelers
spend in airports on luggage-related matters. Mr. Altomare
disseminated his proposal on Capitol Hill last week. Policy makers and
airline industry sources are currently discussing the recommended
changes.
Mr. Altomare states, "The airline industry transports more than double
the number of bags than the number of passengers. Thus, passengers are
vulnerable to baggage handling delays before and after their flights.
According to the DOT, 47% of passengers wait 15-30 minutes at the
ticket counter checking in with 16% waiting more than 30 minutes. Then
the traveler moves to the screening checkpoint where 40% wait another
15-30 minutes. The TSA has found and confiscated more than 8 million
items including 2.4 million knives, 50,000 box cutters and 1,500
firearms. The TSA also receives 5,000-15,000 e-mails, phone calls,
letters and faxes each week from passengers complaining about damaged
luggage or stolen items. We spend all this time on luggage-related
matters. My calculations conclude that each passenger spends about an
hour of time per trip on luggage related matters. The associated
economic cost of one hour of time per passenger per trip exceeds $52
billion annually. In my White Paper, I propose a new baggage pricing
structure be put into place by the airlines. Passengers will then be
offered a framework of choices to either ship their luggage in advance
at a lower price than the airline will be charging, or continue to
carry their bags to the airport and pay a premium. By using the
alternative and shipping their luggage ahead, travelers would spend
less time in airports and more time at home and work. There will also
be no reason for airlines to continue to charge additional fees to a
traveler that cooperates with the new baggage shipping system. This
should result in lower ticket costs as well."

For a copy of the White Paper "More Security, Less Hassle for American
Travelers: A Private Sector Solution for the Airline Industry"
contact:

Mr. Ron Garner

Equitilink

877-788-1940

Universal Express, Inc. owns and operates several subsidiaries
including Universal Express Capital Corp. (USXP Cash Express
division), Universal Express Logistics, Inc. (The Virtual Bellhop, LLC
and Luggage Express) and the WorldPost(TM) Private Postal Network,
Inc. These subsidiaries and divisions provide the private postal
industry and customers with value-added services and products,
logistical services, equipment leasing, and cost-effective delivery of
goods worldwide.

More information and website locations are available at www.usxp.com.

Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform
Act of 1995: The statements contained herein, which are not
historical, are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks
and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially
from those expressed in the forward-looking statements, including, but
not limited to, certain delays beyond the Company's control with
respect to market acceptance of new technologies or products delays in
testing and evaluation of products, and other risks detailed from time
to time in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange
Commission.

Old October 31st, 2003, 04:40 PM
Mike Cordelli

I was in a focus group with one of the airlines last year on this, the
airline was seeing what we would be willing to pay to either drop off or
have our luggage picked up the day before the flight, they would take it to
the airport, screen it, get it to the delivery airport where it would be
waiting for us. Would we do it at an in city drop off point for say $20
more? Would we be willing to drop it off at an express lane at the airport
the day before? Would we be willing to have it picked up at home or work
the day before for this amount of money, etc.

The goal obviously was they would screen all the bags overnight when the
screeners at the airport are not that busy. I show up the next day for my
flight with a carryon, and breeze through the checkin process, etc.

They then moved from luggage on the plane with us to luggage going by common
carrier like UPS or FEDEX and delivered to the cruise ship, hotel, whatever.
Would we be willing to pay for that, if so how much, etc.

There are services both here and overseas that do this, though they are very
expensive. If the airlines started doing it for minimal extra cost, then it
may be worth it, but not if it costs me lots more. Getting to the airport
without lugging bags is certainly something to seriously consider.

Old October 31st, 2003, 07:17 PM
OcnGypZ

Subject: Separate Luggage from Travelers!

I frequently fly both US Air and United.
With USAir I check in on my home pc before I get to the airport. Once I
arrive, I just hand over my luggage. No big deal.

United, I use the check in kiosk. Hand them my bags... and off I go to the
gate.

People need to learn to pack.

For travel shows, I ship my equipment via DHL.

Babette
Old October 31st, 2003, 07:52 PM
User 1.nospam

How will they address theft and accountability? Will Dateline have an
episode showing those screeners schlepping thru our bags for more treasure
than they already do? Bags waiting a day or two for the owners to show up
have to be even more subject to pilferage than they are with the current
system.

The proposal sounds good....but it should include summary execution of
anyone caught rifling thru luggage on a vidcam.