ATA Familiarity? Power options?

Old March 13th, 2004, 03:28 AM
Brian

Default ATA Familiarity? Power options?

I thought I was gold for my move to Hawaii in August. I thought I would
likely be flying American Airlines, and all the flights on planes with power
options available in coach to power my laptop. Now I see that the flights
are on ATA, not AA!

I am not familiar at all with the airline ATA. They are simply the lowest
airline by several hundred dollars to get me to Hawaii. Is anyone familiar
with this airline and know if they have any power outlet options available
in their economy/coach class flights? I couldn't find an answer on their
website. I did submit a question and it said I could expect a response in a
week! Not that great customer service.

Any help would be appreciated!
Brian

Old March 13th, 2004, 04:59 AM
Brian

I'm pretty shocked; i got an email back within the hour! They said that
"Unfortunately at this time our aircraft are not equipped with power
outlets."

BLASTID! A likely 12hours of boredom!

Old March 13th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Traveller

"Brian" wrote in message
I'm pretty shocked; i got an email back within the hour! They said that
"Unfortunately at this time our aircraft are not equipped with power
outlets."

BLASTID! A likely 12hours of boredom!

Where are you flying from that it will take 12 hours to reach Hawaii?
Couldn't you charge up and take 2 or 3 extra batteries - that would keep you
going for a while?

Old March 13th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Shawn \Me\ Hearn

In article ,
"Brian" wrote:

I thought I was gold for my move to Hawaii in August. I thought I would
likely be flying American Airlines, and all the flights on planes with power
options available in coach to power my laptop. Now I see that the flights
are on ATA, not AA!

I am not familiar at all with the airline ATA. They are simply the lowest
airline by several hundred dollars to get me to Hawaii. Is anyone familiar
with this airline and know if they have any power outlet options available
in their economy/coach class flights? I couldn't find an answer on their
website. I did submit a question and it said I could expect a response in a
week! Not that great customer service.

WHy not just call the airline?
Old March 15th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Larry

I just returned from a roundtrip (SFO-HNL-SFO) on ATA and saw no power
ports. The legroom on the 757-300 (Pleasant Holidays livery painted on the
fuselage) is cattle car style.....not much there...whereas the 757-200 on
the return had much better legroom. I sat in row 5 (opposite sides) on both
legs). On both legs we left the gate 20 minutes early and arrived 30 min
early. They did a nice job and I'd definitely fly them again.

Old March 15th, 2004, 02:51 PM
John R. Levine

I'm pretty shocked; i got an email back within the hour! They said that
"Unfortunately at this time our aircraft are not equipped with power
outlets."

I've flown on ATA. They tend to be disorganized at the airport, but
the planes are OK and the on-board service, while sparse, is pleasant.

BLASTID! A likely 12hours of boredom!

Oh, no! For long plane trips, I've discovered an interesting device
that can offer many hours of entertainment while being light,
portable, and requiring no external power. It consists of many sheets
of paper with words printed on them, glued or sewn together at one
side with a heavier paper outside wrapper. You read the words printed
on each sheet in sequence, and the words typically tell a story,
describe a historical event, or provide interesting information about
various topics.

Most larger airports have stores that sell these things. If you're on
a budget, I hear that some towns even have institutions that will let
you borrow them at no charge.

Regards,
John Levine, , Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be,
http://iecc.com/johnl, Sewer Commissioner
"A book is a sneeze." - E.B. White, on the writing of Charlotte's Web

Old March 15th, 2004, 06:50 PM
mtravelkay

John R. Levine wrote:

Most larger airports have stores that sell these things. If you're on
a budget, I hear that some towns even have institutions that will let
you borrow them at no charge.

But, the Patriot Act might cause the library to report books you have
checked out. This is sparking an increase in library card identity
theft.