Knee Defenders

Old March 17th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Holden McGroyne

Default Knee Defenders

I like the new Air Canada seats. The base of the seat slides forward
as the seat reclines.

The effect is that the recliner losses their own knee room, rather than
encroaching on the knee room of the poor passenger behind them.

I was not aware that such a seat design existed. Although it sounds like
the best airline response to the seat recline problem. A situation which
has been on my mind because two of the last three flights I have taken were
in seats directly behind a guy who went full recline as soon as the plane
left the ground.

On a 3+ hours flight from OAK I was so crammed I had difficulty using my
hand computer (Handspring Visor -- great product) to answer emails which I
would later download and send. So I relocated myself to the back galley
area where the understanding FAs allowed me to spend the bulk of the flight.