Read this if you area US citizen who wants to live in Canada

Old November 19th, 2004, 10:49 AM
John Taylor

Default Read this if you area US citizen who wants to live in Canada

In the wake of the recent U.S. election, Canada has received an
unprecedented number of inquiries from American citizens, regarding the
possibility of their relocating permanently to Canada. This site contains
all the necessesary information that U.S citizens need to relocate to Canada
without the bureaucratic hassles of the Canadian Emigration ministry.

http://www.myfreeweb.nl/canadian

Old November 20th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Ken Pisichko

As a Canadian citizen all i can say is caveat emptoir!!

There is a sucker born every minute and waiting to be baited. Get thee to am
Immigration lawyer in the USA instead of relying on some site in the
Netherlands. A fool and their money are soon parted. Want to lose some money? Go
ahead and fall for this link.

I understand there are NO Canadian government short cuts for US residents nor
citizens to enter Canada as a landed immigrant or any other legal way. Everyone
has to go through the same basic processes (that are available to everyone). No
shortcuts based on what any non government link says.

Non-residents/non-citizens HAVE to go through the Canadian government to get
entry into Canada. To suggest otherwise "without the bureaucratic hassles of the
Canadian Emigration ministry." is a basic lie.

Besides that, there is NO "Emigration ministry" in Canada. Canada is not
interested in helping folks leave the country so why have an emigration
ministry?

So....... Beware!

Ken
Winnipeg, Canada

.................................................. .....................................

Old November 20th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Bill Pittman

In article , Ken Pisichko
wrote:

[...]

Have you visited the site? It's basically a way to interest you in
pornography, with a few links added to entice people that think they
might be interested in moving to Canada. Everything relating to such a
move is copied verbatim from a site established (independently) by
Abrams & Krochak, a firm of Toronto lawyers.

Besides which, as you noticed, he obviously doesn't know the difference
between immigration and emigration.
Old November 21st, 2004, 05:40 AM
Ken Pisichko

Yes, I went to the site. The funny thing is that my browser - Netscape 4.7?? -
"flipped" to another site. Be that as it may, there is NO Canadian government
shortcut!. Check with the Canadian government immigration site.

I don't want to get into any argument. All I want to point out is that there is NO
Canadian shortcut. Get any lawyer you want to help you. It will cost you lots of
money to find out that my comment is VERY close to reality.

Go to any large Canadian city telephone directory (say Vancouver, Toronto, or
Montreal. Or even Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, and...) and call long distance and
talk with an immigration lawyer about the options and shortcuts. I'll bet you a
dollar to a do-nut that there is a fair bit of after tax $$ that you will have to
pay and you will find out that there are NO shortcuts just because you are a US
citizen or resident.

It will still take time - unless of course you can prove to the Canadian government
"immigration tribunal" that you are a "political refugee" and are in fear of your
life ;-)

All the best in your telephone inquiries. Please let us know the results of your
"consultation" with the imigration laywer familiar with Canadian imigration law. I
for one, would be particularly interested!

Also please give us the telephone number and name of the lawyer you consulted with
and the list of questions you asked - just so we all are playing on the same field.

Ken.

Bill Pittman wrote:

In article , Ken Pisichko
wrote:

As a Canadian citizen all i can say is caveat emptoir!!

snip my other comments.

Old November 21st, 2004, 02:45 PM
Fustanella

without the bureaucratic hassles of the Canadian Emigration ministry.

Yeah, *that* sounds legal.
Old November 21st, 2004, 02:47 PM
Bill Pittman

In article , Ken Pisichko
wrote:

All the best in your telephone inquiries. Please let us know the results of
your
"consultation" with the imigration laywer familiar with Canadian imigration
law. I
for one, would be particularly interested!

Also please give us the telephone number and name of the lawyer you consulted
with
and the list of questions you asked - just so we all are playing on the same
field.

I didn't make any telephone inquiries. All I did was fill out the Abrams
& Krochack online questionnaire, out of curiosity.

Look up your own phone number, if you need one. Or ask a Web search
engine about Abrams & Krochack, and it will doubtless give you one.

Please note: I'm not trying to sell that, or ANY, Canadian immigration
law firm. That was merely the first, and therefore only, one I
encountered. My interest in moving out of the US is minimal, unless
things down here get MUCH worse. At my age (almost 70) I have a great
interest in staying where I am.