Must see in L.A.?

Old December 1st, 2003, 12:48 AM
AndrewC

Default Must see in L.A.?

Anyone care to suggest a list of must sees for LA and SoCal?

AndrewC
32 days and counting....

Old December 1st, 2003, 01:31 AM
SportChick

What are your interests?

s.com...

Old December 1st, 2003, 12:41 PM
st

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 00:48:43 GMT, "AndrewC"
andrewcwantsnotspam@hisdotcom wrote:

Anyone care to suggest a list of must sees for LA and SoCal?

Immediately after arrival, the only must see that comes to mind is the
clerk at the bus station handing you a ticket which says 'San
Francisco' on it.
Old December 1st, 2003, 05:13 PM
AndrewC

Interests run from outdoor activities to generally being a silly tourist. I
might like to visit a winery or two while I am there if there are any closer
than Napa. I will have a car and about ten days in the area and might even
brave something crazy like Disney.

Thanks for your help,

AndrewC

. ..

Old December 1st, 2003, 05:14 PM
AndrewC

Been there, done that. Agreed, a very cool city with many cool things but
the parental units are in LA now and it's a free bed.

AndrewC

Old December 1st, 2003, 05:47 PM
SAA

Try this for a winery in Loas Angeles

http://los.angeles.diningguide.net/data/d100781.htm

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:13:51 GMT, "AndrewC"

Old December 1st, 2003, 08:43 PM
Eric Ferguson

Seeing "Welcome to Los Angeles" in your rear view mirror.

Next stop NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

(Sorry, couldn't refuse G))
--
Tune Out .KBHR to reply me

Old December 1st, 2003, 08:50 PM
SportChick

Well, some of my favorites are these:

1. Getty Museum (the art is okay, but the architecture is wonderful)
2. Walk of the Stars/Grauman's Chinese Theatre (if you wanna be REALLY
touristy)
3. Catalina Island (great hiking/diving)
4. Santa Monica Mountains/Angeles Mountains (great hiking)
5. Magic Mountain Amusement Park (Disney's great, but MM has all the HUGE
rollercoasters!!)
6. La Brea Tar Pits (interesting for a short stop)
7. Olvera Street (downtown...a taste of Mexico)
8. Queen Mary (you can do a tour of the Russian sub parked next door, too)
9. Santa Monica Pier/Third Street Promenade (nice, and very touristy...if
you want a calmer beach experience...fun and NOT as touristy, try Manhattan
or Hermosa Beaches).
10. Mission San Juan Capistrano (very cool mission!)
11. Huntington Library (the gardens are as fantastic as the library)

Gosh, there is sooooo much more! But that's a very very basic start.

Favorite restaurants:
1. Hu's Szechuan (near the corner of National and Motor)
2. Cynthia's (on 3rd Street in LA, Cynthia is a character and made her name
catering movies and stuff)
3. Paradise Sushi (Hermosa Beach, not much to look at, but it's got good,
cheap sushi and an interesting atmosphere)

I could go on and on about food, too, but I won't.

Here are a couple of links that might be helpful. Let me know if you have
more questions!
http://www.latourist.com/

Cheers,

Donna
http://www.KirkandDonna.com/

Old December 4th, 2003, 09:00 PM
LOUIS Gu.

I think that is a good list.
Also consider taking a tour at one of the many studios. I enjoyed Warner
Brothers and Sony studios but all have some kind of tour. Also look for
tickets to some of the TV shows. There is a booth at Universal's City Walk
that gives out free tickets to some but there are other ways to get them
too. Some of them you need to reserve weeks in advance so do some homework
here on the internet if you have a favorite show you want to see.
ok hope this helps too