Why do you cruise?

Old September 22nd, 2007, 01:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Anka

Default Why do you cruise?

Just wondering...

What is your #1 reason for cruising, as opposed to land touring?

~Anka

Old September 22nd, 2007, 01:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

Peeing of the balconey!
ps.com...

Old September 22nd, 2007, 01:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Anka

On Sep 21, 7:31?pm, "clint" wrote:
Peeing of the balconey!"Anka" wrote in message

ps.com...

Just wondering...

What is your #1 reason for cruising, as opposed to land touring?

~Anka- Hide quoted text -

Why, Clint... You being a senior... I thought you did that in your
Depends.

~Anka

Old September 22nd, 2007, 01:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
rieker

What is your #1 reason for cruising, as opposed to land touring?

Value and variety and I like the sea.

Value: meals, lodging, entertainment, no driving, no packing/unpacking every
day or so, freedom to do or not do what you want, even if you are with a
group.

Variety: Every day a different site to see, either a foreign port or the
open ocean on a sea day.

When I read sea stories as a youngster I always wondered what led men to a
life at sea. Some went out of economic necessity, but some acquired salt
water in their veins and wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Now I know that I am not a seaman. Just a silly tourist. But on a warm,
sunny sea day with a tropical breeze in my face, I get a little of the
feeling that this would be an interesting life.

Old September 22nd, 2007, 06:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

What is your #1 reason for cruising, as opposed to land touring?

We do land touring too.

We only started cruising on big ships after it became too stressful
for us to cruise long distances on our own boat. Last time we did an
extensive winter trip, we ran aground in the middle of the channel on
the way home. While that wasn't unusual, this was the first time that
we ever had to call a tow boat in the eight years we had the boat.

The big ships have the advantage over our little boat of not needing
our input for cooking, cleaning, driving, or how to dock and undock.
We don't have to plan or worry about the wind or the weather.

Both kinds of boats (big and little) get us to places without flying
(I pick cruises that we can drive to because that is important - my
husband almost will not fly anymore) and without having to pack and
unpack (unlike most land touring).

Both land and sea travel let me tour various places, eat in local
restaurants and take pictures. Sometimes I get to swim or snorkel
too.

Our boat has the advantage that we can sail it (it is a sailboat)
which I like better although it is slower, and I also like that we are
not traveling in a crowd.

Both land and water methods of travel lack access to the internet
sometimes, and that's my primary means of communication. Since we
are retired, the idea of being isolated from phones and internet as
something relaxing does not apply to us. We already do what we want
to do when we want it and I find it a significant disadvantage not to
be able to use the internet when I'm traveling.

Old September 22nd, 2007, 01:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dory Samuels

I agree with all the reasons already mentioned but have one more and it
is a biggie. No one on board is a stranger to me. I'll strike up a
conversation with anyone but only on the ship. "All in the same boat"
thinking.

~~DORY~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

****

Old September 29th, 2007, 10:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

We're cruise newbies, having just taken our very first cruise this year.
Some of the things I like about cruising a

* The all-inclusive price for all the basics - food, room, etc.

* The amazing food!

* The staff - we had the best waiter and waitress, they always greeted
us with a warm, friendly smile at dinner.

* "Cashless cruising" -the ease of having your room key card double as
your stateroom account.

* The general feeling of just being flat-out pampered g

* Getting to see so many different places without the hassle of land or
air transportation in between, or having to pack and unpack at a
different hotel each night. It was such a wonderful feeling to get
settled in the first day and realize we had nothing else to worry about
for the next 10 days!

* The freedom to be as active or as relaxed as you want to be. You can
choose to take advantage of as many shipboard activities and excursions
as possible, or to just find a nice spot with a view and read a good
book.

* Knowing that, whether you book a luxurious suite or a cheap inside
cabin, once you leave your room, you have access to the same fun
activities and entertainment, great food and breathtaking scenery that
everybody else does.

Diva

Old September 29th, 2007, 10:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

DIVA:
You expressed it perfectly,we are in full agrement with you,and instead
of our first(which is always the best) we are now looking forward to our
45th in nov.

cruise lover