What lines/ships have NO formal nights?

Old October 7th, 2007, 07:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ike

Default What lines/ships have NO formal nights?

And how many have adopted that policy recently?

I'll offer:

Oceania
Azamara
Old October 7th, 2007, 07:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rick[_3_]

On Oct 7, 2:07 pm, Ike wrote:
And how many have adopted that policy recently?

I'll offer:

Oceania
Azamara

NCL
You have the option of formal or casual. Yet your seated in the same
dining room.

Old October 7th, 2007, 08:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Ike
wrote:

And how many have adopted that policy recently?

Recently, Azamara---which is a new brand that is very much a copy of
Oceania, with the same class ships.

NCL and Oceania have had it for a while, so I would not say they
adopted it recently.

--
Charles
Old October 7th, 2007, 08:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Val Kraut

Funny - I looked up the Azamara Home site and their words were don't buy a
tux just for the cruise - a Dark suit is acceptable for those activities.
Also interesting they mentioned mascarade nights - now for a whole thread on
costume balls and how to dress for them

Old October 7th, 2007, 08:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

Charles wrote:
In article , Ike
wrote:

And how many have adopted that policy recently?

Recently, Azamara---which is a new brand that is very much a copy of
Oceania, with the same class ships.

NCL and Oceania have had it for a while, so I would not say they
adopted it recently.

We just finished a Bermuda cruise on Azamara Journey yesterday, and
while there were no formal night, I thought everyone looked pretty snazzy.
Not many that I saw were overly glitzed, nor did I see any really tacky
dressers. A lot of the garb worn by the ladies would have been fine on
a formal night. The men were pretty spiffy too, and the addition of a
jacket and maybe a tie would have sufficed had there been a formal
night. I think people like to look as nice as they can, and still have
a bit of comfort :-).
Ermalee
Old October 7th, 2007, 08:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

"Ike" wrote in message

And how many have adopted that policy recently?

I'll offer:

Oceania
Azamara

There was nothing like a masquerade party on the Journey last week.

Ermalee
Old October 7th, 2007, 09:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Val Kraut
wrote:

Funny - I looked up the Azamara Home site and their words were don't buy a
tux just for the cruise - a Dark suit is acceptable for those activities.
Also interesting they mentioned mascarade nights - now for a whole thread on
costume balls and how to dress for them

I was on the Journey and they did not have mascarade nights.

Most men wore polo or sport shirts and docker type pants to dinner. A
few wore sports jackets some nights and there was a suit here and
there.

--
Charles