Oasis of the Seas trip report

Old November 29th, 2009, 09:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter[_6_]

Default Joseph Coulter

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 14:31:39 -0500, frijoli wrote:

Joseph Coulter wrote:
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 19:45:40 -0500, frijoli wrote:

www.josephcoulter.com
Joseph Coulter, what's going on with your website? ost of
it isn't working for me. I get the 404 error

It is under construction but the main page works for me in Firefox and
IE. I appreciate the feedback however. you might try

m just for kicks!

that doesn't work either

did you mean, http://adventuresdownunder.josephcoulter.com

OH DEAR!! this is not my day. But thanks I note that several of the
links that "should" work aren't giving good url pointers so it is time
to clear out all the links and start over with them.
Old November 30th, 2009, 01:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_5_]

Jeff Gersten wrote:
(Joseph Coulter) wrote:

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 19:45:40 -0500, frijoli wrote:

www.josephcoulter.com

Joseph Coulter, what's going on with your
website? ost of it isn't working for me. I get
the 404 error

It is under construction but the main page
works for me in Firefox and IE. I appreciate
the feedback however. you might try
http://downunderanswers.josephcoulter.com
just for kicks!

I can get on both those sites easily. And that's with a webtv.

Well one you can get on, but a lot of the things are not
finished as Joseph said, which is what I was trying to
figure out. The other was the incorrect address Joseph
posted, so no you didn't get on that one.

There is some cool stuff on this one though:
http://adventuresdownunder.josephcoulter.com

Clay

Old November 30th, 2009, 01:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

Default Oasis of the Seas trip report

"George Leppla" wrote in message
This promises to be long.... so grab a beverage or your choice and dig in,
or hit the "next" key and move on.

Hi George,
I opened this up on Thanksgiving morning and after reading the first
sentence, decided to wait until after Thanksgiving to be able to really take
my time reading it, so now I am back... WOW! She is a huge vessel and I
sort of have reservations about boarding her when she is to full capacity as
some of your pictures on the promenade looked a bit crowded already! I
really like the photos being taken when boarding...Also the multiple use of
the sail and sign cards.. What neat looking outside balconies facing the
Central Park plus the interactive info at the elevators. That should help
one not to get lost when on that size of a ship! I was curious, they had the
hand washing stations but there were no towels nearby...Did they have any
hand sanitizing stations through out the ship? Not too fond of the square
sinks in the men's room as they probably are the same in the Ladies'
rooms...just not a design I care for...but who cares it is not where I will
live! g. Disappointed about the non-movable shower head as I like to be
able to adjust that and the lack of a clothes line and placement of
electrical outlets. Makes one wonder why change things that work nicely
before. ;-)
One other thing...having a sandy beach is going to mean sand in the
elevators and about the ship; not to mention that it will require quite a
bit of clean up time.

Also, I wonder how long all that greenery on the ship is going to last...a
lot of upkeep there, especially that high wall. They were tearing up the
real grass that had died on the golf greens the day before we were to
disembark on the Solstice and it seems that would have been a lot easier to
maintain then all the trees and plants all over the Oasis.

I am really looking forward to our cruise on the Oasis with your group in
October; the size of this ship was something I don't usually prefer, but I'm
still curious about her and want to have taken her at least once!
Thanks for the great photos and very thorough review...Nice cover shot! You
look "smashing!"

--Jean

Old November 30th, 2009, 03:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee McCauley[_2_]

Joseph Coulter wrote:
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 19:45:40 -0500, frijoli wrote:

www.josephcoulter.com
Joseph Coulter, what's going on with your website? ost of
it isn't working for me. I get the 404 error
It is under construction but the main page works for me in Firefox and
IE. I appreciate the feedback however. you might try

m just for kicks!

that doesn't work either

did you mean, http://adventuresdownunder.josephcoulter.com

OH DEAR!! this is not my day. But thanks I note that several of the
links that "should" work aren't giving good url pointers so it is time
to clear out all the links and start over with them.

This page worked for me, plus the home page, about us page, and contact
us page.

Ermalee
Old November 30th, 2009, 03:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_5_]

Joseph Coulter wrote:
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 19:45:40 -0500, frijoli wrote:

www.josephcoulter.com
Joseph Coulter, what's going on with your website? ost of it isn't
working for me. I get the 404 error
It is under construction but the main page works for me in Firefox and
IE. I appreciate the feedback however. you might try

m just for kicks!

that doesn't work either

did you mean, http://adventuresdownunder.josephcoulter.com

OH DEAR!! this is not my day. But thanks I note that several of the
links that "should" work aren't giving good url pointers so it is time
to clear out all the links and start over with them.

This page worked for me, plus the home page, about us page, and contact
us page.

Ermalee

which "this page"? there's 3 listed here. I said some were
not working, not all.
Old November 30th, 2009, 05:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

I am really looking forward to our cruise on the Oasis with your group in
October; the size of this ship was something I don't usually prefer, but
I'm still curious about her and want to have taken her at least once!
Thanks for the great photos and very thorough review...Nice cover shot!
You look "smashing!"

--Jean

I talked to Suzy today after she got off Oasis. One thing she said that
could turn out a bit problematic is access to shows. She said that since
you have to pre-reserve for the shows, everyone who enters a show has to be
scanned in with their access card... so entrance to shows takes forever and
the build up of people outside the show events is horrible. Sounds like an
idea that has implications they may never have thought of.

--Tom

Old November 30th, 2009, 06:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Tom K" wrote in message

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

I am really looking forward to our cruise on the Oasis with your group in
October; the size of this ship was something I don't usually prefer, but
I'm still curious about her and want to have taken her at least once!
Thanks for the great photos and very thorough review...Nice cover shot!
You look "smashing!"

--Jean

I talked to Suzy today after she got off Oasis. One thing she said that
could turn out a bit problematic is access to shows. She said that since
you have to pre-reserve for the shows, everyone who enters a show has to
be scanned in with their access card... so entrance to shows takes forever
and the build up of people outside the show events is horrible. Sounds
like an idea that has implications they may never have thought of.

--Tom

You're right, Tom...I remember all the people waiting outside for the Ice
Shows...as the doors opened, everyone rushed in. Scanning the your sail and
card before entering is going to be quite a problem. They may have to
re-think that one or open the doors at least a half hour earlier may be one
solution.

--Jean

Old November 30th, 2009, 07:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
You're right, Tom...I remember all the people waiting outside for the Ice
Shows...as the doors opened, everyone rushed in. Scanning the your sail and
card before entering is going to be quite a problem. They may have to
re-think that one or open the doors at least a half hour earlier may be one
solution.

--Jean

We arrived at the 6:00 ice show about 15 minutes early and the doors
were already open. On the other ships, the doors did not open until
6:00 on the nose. I have a feeling, this is why they are opening the
doors early. They had at least 6 people with hand held scanners who
were waiting at the doors. It went just as fast as when they looked at
your printed ticket. All you have to do is hold up your card.

We arrived at the showroom lounge, the comedy club and the ice show
early, and we never had to wait. The ship was only half full, though.
If you arrive late, that might be different, you may have to wait. The
comedy club was standing room only and it was packed, people were
standing in the back of the room.

Becca
Old November 30th, 2009, 07:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
I am really looking forward to our cruise on the Oasis with your group in
October; the size of this ship was something I don't usually prefer, but I'm
still curious about her and want to have taken her at least once!
Thanks for the great photos and very thorough review...Nice cover shot! You
look "smashing!"

--Jean

The Oasis is 1184 ft long and the Freedom is 1112 feet long, so the
difference in the length of the ships is not that much. There is a
difference in the width, though. The Oasis is a big ship, but it did
not feel massive in size, like I thought it would. I am very excited
about going back.

Becca

Old November 30th, 2009, 09:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

I opened this up on Thanksgiving morning and after reading the first
sentence, decided to wait until after Thanksgiving to be able to really take
my time reading it, so now I am back... WOW! She is a huge vessel and I
sort of have reservations about boarding her when she is to full capacity as
some of your pictures on the promenade looked a bit crowded already! I
really like the photos being taken when boarding...Also the multiple use of
the sail and sign cards.. What neat looking outside balconies facing the
Central Park plus the interactive info at the elevators. That should help
one not to get lost when on that size of a ship! I was curious, they had the
hand washing stations but there were no towels nearby...Did they have any
hand sanitizing stations through out the ship?

There were hand sanitizers all over the place. The hand washing
stations had paper towel dispensers.

Disappointed about the non-movable shower head as I like to be
able to adjust that and the lack of a clothes line and placement of
electrical outlets. Makes one wonder why change things that work nicely
before. ;-)

The showe head is on a hose. The mounting bracket is not moveable, but
the head itself is hand-held.

Also, I wonder how long all that greenery on the ship is going to last...a
lot of upkeep there, especially that high wall. They were tearing up the
real grass that had died on the golf greens the day before we were to
disembark on the Solstice and it seems that would have been a lot easier to
maintain then all the trees and plants all over the Oasis.

The problem with the grass on the Solstice was that people walk on it...
that created wht wear factor. Nothing like this at all on the Oasis....
the plants are just for show. It willt ake a lot of watering and
maintenance, but I'm thinking it might work.

I liked the Oasis a lot more than I thought I would. It didn't "feel"
huge, although it certainly is.

--

George Leppla

Countryside Travel http://www.CruiseMaster.com