Oasis of the Seas trip report

Old December 14th, 2009, 12:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Default Oasis of the Seas trip report

[Default] Thus spake frijoli :

Dillon Pyron wrote:
[Default] Thus spake Joseph Coulter :

On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 03:01:31 -0500, Bill
wrote:

You probably also didn't have people trying to get into a show
they didn't have reservations for. That will probably mess up
the line while they try to tell them that they cannot enter.
Even the most clueless person will acknowledge that the time on
a printed ticket doesn't match the show they are trying to get
into. Try to tell people that their card doesn't say they are
allowed into the show they're trying to enter.

Bill
I am sure that cruise staff are already dreading this. Even with
tickets onthe Independence and Freedom for the ice shows there were
exceptioins (suite guests) and people who were sure that their status
(as ?)

ME! Didn't we learn this at a very young age? I am the center of the
universe.

I actually heard a guy at one of the "any time" (whatever RCI calls
it, too many names) that "I'm a gold member and they should treat me
better than that!" I guess they made him wait. Everybody at our
table was at least gold and one couple was diamond platinum and also
some high level on Princess.

would let them in. Staff are supposed to be polite etc but rude
people still hold up the line and make it bad for all and the advance
reservations on the sand s card will only cause more arguments (must
be a mistake . . .)

What would be nice would be a small, well secured, printer in each
room that would print tickets. The staff would still scan the cards,
but the tickets (okay, call them reminders, maybe print everything for
the next day or something) would be for the guest. The rooms are so
wired that this wouldn't be a problem other than the logisitcs of
installing them in 9,000,000 staterooms.

On a side note I understand that the two day cruise last weekend
didn't disembark untill almost 10am. Anyone know why?

Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com

I am liking th sound of these really big ships less and
less. Is this waiting and ticketing thing like this on the
Voyager/Explorer ships as well? Or are they just big enough
to not really have this issue?

I seem to remember "them" telling "us" that this procedure was being
evluated for Freedom and Voyager class, also.

Clay

--

- dillon I am not invalid

I love my country, It's my government I fear.

Hey, turnabout's fair play.