Bon Voyage package

Old March 1st, 2011, 11:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
MAS

Default Bon Voyage package

A very overworked and stressed co-worker is going on a well-deserved
cruise starting 3/22. I'd like to put together a small bon voyage
package for her before she goes, maybe put some things in a nice basket
and wrap it up. What would you put in this package?

Thanks,
Marsha
Old March 2nd, 2011, 03:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 18:53:52 -0500, MAS wrote:

A very overworked and stressed co-worker is going on a well-deserved
cruise starting 3/22. I'd like to put together a small bon voyage
package for her before she goes, maybe put some things in a nice basket
and wrap it up. What would you put in this package?

Thanks,
Marsha

Vibrator. LOL
--
http://cc.st/Chrissy-Cruiser-The-Hellion-Rebellion
Old March 2nd, 2011, 06:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"MAS" wrote in message ...
A very overworked and stressed co-worker is going on a well-deserved cruise
starting 3/22. I'd like to put together a small bon voyage package for her
before she goes, maybe put some things in a nice basket and wrap it up.
What would you put in this package?

Thanks,
Marsha

Hi Marsha,
That is very thoughtful of you, but air travel anymore with all its
restrictions makes it difficult to pack extra things. Most cruise lines have
a list of gifts that you might have waiting for her in her cabin when she
arrives, making it a pleasant surprise. It ranges from flowers, chocolate
covered strawberries to champagne. Otherwise, the only other things that may
be useful would be a large tote bag that zips at the top and has side
pockets for holding passports and airline tickets with a cell phone pocket
inside. Mine is a heavy beige canvas one trimmed with black leather and it
has been very useful on many of the cruises that I have taken because it
holds so much... like a small camera, Kindle to read on the plane...even a
small fleece throw that I roll up and use to support the small of my back or
to cover up with if the plane is chilly. Not all airlines supply those
anymore. Otherwise a small cosmetic bag filled with travel sized Purell,
sunscreen, toothpaste and hairspray (which is also made in small travel
size) might be a suggestion as you have to pack large sized ones of those
items in your check-in baggage. The night before she disembarks, she has to
pack and put her luggage out and the tiny toothpaste and hairspray really
come in handy because she can put them in her carry-on.
Hope this helps!

--Jean.

Old March 2nd, 2011, 06:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_7_]

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 22:08:47 -0500, Chrissy Cruiser wrote:

On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 18:53:52 -0500, MAS wrote:

A very overworked and stressed co-worker is going on a well-deserved
cruise starting 3/22. I'd like to put together a small bon voyage
package for her before she goes, maybe put some things in a nice basket
and wrap it up. What would you put in this package?

Thanks,
Marsha

Vibrator. LOL

Hi Chrissy,

That is very thoughtful of you, but air travel anymore with all its
restrictions makes it difficult to pack extra things.

This should work.

http://cc.st/Sleek-And-Easily-Hidden

Jean-- Don't Ask
--
http://tinyurl.com/djag
Old March 2nd, 2011, 12:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 00:15:44 -0600, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:

"MAS" wrote in message ...
[...]

A small bag that packs flat and can be used for extra stuff that
doesn't fit in the luggage after the cruise is a good idea. If I was
going to give something to a first time cruiser it would be a power
strip, which is hard to put into a basket. Depending on how long a
trip to get to the cruise port, you might give her one of those neck
pillows so she can comfortably sleep on the plane or in the car. Or
maybe a neck pouch for valuables.

I would tend to stay away from stuff like toothpaste or hair spray
because people's preferences in those items tends to be very
individual.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 12:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
MAS

On 3/2/2011 1:15 AM, Jean O'Boyle wrote:
wrote in message ...
[...]

Thanks, Jean. Those are some good thoughts. They have a suite with a
bathtub. Perhaps a nice tote with her favorite bath salts, some mini
Tootsie rolls, one of those neck pouches for her valuables and a couple
other small indulgences would be nice.

Marsha

Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

wrote in message
[...]

That sounds like a plan and apparently you know her well to know her
tastes...the tootsie roll bit gives it away! ;-)
Another suggestion I might add is a fanny pack. Except I wear it in the
front of me. I always have mine on when we go off ship to store my camera,
cell phone, credit cards plus a small amount of money. Hands free makes it
much easier shopping!

--Jean

Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 3/1/2011 5:53 PM, MAS wrote:
A very overworked and stressed co-worker is going on a well-deserved
cruise starting 3/22. I'd like to put together a small bon voyage
package for her before she goes, maybe put some things in a nice basket
and wrap it up. What would you put in this package?

Thanks,
Marsha

How about a pretty lanyard for her sea pass?

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
MAS

On 3/2/2011 8:46 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
On 3/1/2011 5:53 PM, MAS wrote:
A very overworked and stressed co-worker is going on a well-deserved
cruise starting 3/22. I'd like to put together a small bon voyage
package for her before she goes, maybe put some things in a nice basket
and wrap it up. What would you put in this package?

Thanks,
Marsha

How about a pretty lanyard for her sea pass?

Nice suggestion. Thanks!