Earliest Return Flight From FLL after RCL Cruise?

Old October 9th, 2011, 06:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

Default Earliest Return Flight From FLL after RCL Cruise?

On 10/8/2011 10:36 PM, Bill wrote:
On 10/8/2011 11:03 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
On 10/8/2011 4:58 PM, Tom K wrote:
On 10/8/11 11:41 AM, wrote:
Hi all

I am sure this question has been asked, but I am going to ask again.

I am looking at flight out of FLL on Saturday May 5, 2012. My best
price is for a flight at 11:45am. Is this doable? Also any tricks for
getting off the ship earlier than others?

Thanks
Michael

It's more doable from FLL than from Miami, IMO.

Like Jean said, the people who are willing to schlepp their own luggage
off by themselves are the first allowed off the ship.

But also be aware of the ship. The larger the ship, the more potentially
problematic.

But I think it's doable. Just sign up to take your own luggage off the
ship.

...and get trip insurance just in case.

Will they cover it in that case? Especially if the cruise line suggests
booking something later?

I don't think they care about the cruise line, but I'g go to
insuremytrip.com and compare a few policies. Find one you like and call
the company and ask them before you buy. Stay away from Access America.
They are dishonest.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old October 9th, 2011, 06:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

wrote in message
On Oct 8, 9:41 am, " wrote:
Hi all

I am sure this question has been asked, but I am going to ask again.

I am looking at flight out of FLL on Saturday May 5, 2012. My best
price is for a flight at 11:45am. Is this doable? Also any tricks for
getting off the ship earlier than others?

Thanks
Michael

Thanks for everyone's replies. I think I am going to fly home on
Sunday instead of Saturday, unless the fares for later in the day on
Saturday go down a lot.

Michael

Michael, did you check Southwest Airlines? Right now I am getting e-mails
from them for $59 one way for Dec.13th through Jan.5th and you seem to have
plenty of time until you need to book a flight.

--Jean

Old October 10th, 2011, 12:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected][_1_]

On Oct 9, 11:35*am, "Jean O'Boyle" wrote:
wrote in message

On Oct 8, 9:41 am, " wrote:

Hi all

I am sure this question has been asked, but I am going to ask again.

I am looking at flight out of FLL on Saturday May 5, 2012. My best
price is for a flight at 11:45am. Is this doable? Also any tricks for
getting off the ship earlier than others?

Thanks
Michael

Thanks for everyone's replies. I think I am going to fly home on
Sunday instead of Saturday, unless the fares for later in the day on
Saturday go down a lot.

Michael

Michael, did you check Southwest Airlines? *Right now I am getting e-mails
from them for $59 one way for Dec.13th through Jan.5th and you seem to have
plenty of time until you need to book a flight.

--Jean

Don't fly to my little airport CPR. I could drive to Denver, but I
think others in my party would like to avoid that if at all possible.

Michael
Old October 10th, 2011, 01:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

wrote in message

On Oct 8, 9:41 am, " wrote:

[...]

Michael, the Lord is telling me that you should do as I say.

--Jean--Don't Make Me Condemn You With Christ
--
http://tinyurl.com/djag

Michael,
As you can see, I did not post the above...someone let the troll out and it
cannot stand it if people have reasonable discussions here.
Also the post from Ermalee is a forgery made in her name as she did not post
that either.
I won't be responding to you any further so any future posts will not be
from me as I think we have pretty much covered your situation.... I was
given Google.com/flight as a place to check all airline flights; however you
cannot book one from that link and have to go directly to the airline.

I wish you success with whatever decision that you make...sometimes waiting
closer to your departure time works out better, but that is a chance that
one has to decide whether to take or not...Anyway, Good luck!

--Jean

Old October 10th, 2011, 05:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

On Sun, 9 Oct 2011 19:09:47 -0500, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

I won't be responding to you any further so any future posts

--Jean-Who Loves Christ More then Michael

Good idea, Jean!! Michael is only looking to get your attention!

sue
Old October 10th, 2011, 06:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

" wrote:
On Oct 8, 9:41 am, " wrote:
Hi all

I am sure this question has been asked, but I am going to ask again.

I am looking at flight out of FLL on Saturday May 5, 2012. My best
price is for a flight at 11:45am. Is this doable? Also any tricks for
getting off the ship earlier than others?

Thanks
Michael

Thanks for everyone's replies. I think I am going to fly home on
Sunday instead of Saturday, unless the fares for later in the day on
Saturday go down a lot.

An 11:45 flight is very doable in Ft. Lauderdale. After11:30 is safe.

In Greece today.
--
Charles