Resting after overnight flight

Old March 3rd, 2004, 07:36 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

Default Resting after overnight flight

We hope to arrive at CDG early on the morning of 2 April after an overnight
flight from Singapore. We will pick up a lease car at the airport and then
drive to Vlissingen in Holland (about 400 km).
Seeing as I am a terribly bad sleeper (probably won't sleep at all) we were
thinking of taking a few hours rest/sleep close to the airport.
But where is the question?

Do chains like Formule 1 let you have a room for several hours during the
day?
Or is there a hotel like facility at CDG?
Or any other solution?

Thanks in advance.

Gerrit - Oz

Old March 3rd, 2004, 08:12 AM
Magnus Hald

There are a few hotels near the airport, but not in the
airport itself. (AFAIK).
CDG consists of five separate terminals, connected with
bus.

Magne

Old March 3rd, 2004, 11:38 AM
John Bermont

Gerrit 't Hart wrote:

Or is there a hotel like facility at CDG?
Or any other solution?

Thanks in advance.

Gerrit - Oz

There is a Sheraton right in the airport.
John Bermont
* * * Mastering Independent Budget Travel * * *
http://www.enjoy-europe.com/

Old March 3rd, 2004, 03:02 PM
Ruth

do a google search for "Transportation Charles de Gaulle Airport" and for
some reason it comes up with a bunch of hotels near charles de Gaulle.
There a ton within 10 km.

. au...

Old March 3rd, 2004, 04:01 PM
JamesStep

Do chains like Formule 1 let you have a room
for several hours during the day?

I don't know specifically about the hotel chain you mentioned,
but I think most hotels would charge you for 1 day even if
you check out after a few hours.

James

Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail.
-
Old March 3rd, 2004, 04:03 PM
Juliana L Holm

Gerrit 't Hart wrote:

Do chains like Formule 1 let you have a room for several hours during the
day?
Or is there a hotel like facility at CDG?
Or any other solution?

There is (or was in 2000) an Ibis hotel that is fairly reasonable at CDG airport.

--
Julie
**********
Old March 3rd, 2004, 04:23 PM
Jenn

In article ,
Magnus Hald wrote:

There are a few hotels near the airport, but not in the
airport itself. (AFAIK).
CDG consists of five separate terminals, connected with
bus.

the Novotel is essentially 'in the airport' -- it is atop the RER
station at the airport and reached by shuttlebus from the terminals

Magne

Old March 3rd, 2004, 04:57 PM
GG

"JamesStep" wrote in message
Do chains like Formule 1 let you have a room
for several hours during the day?

I don't know specifically about the hotel chain you mentioned,
but I think most hotels would charge you for 1 day even if
you check out after a few hours.

James

Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail.
-

Another possible complication with needing a room early in the morning is
that most hotel's check-in times are in the afternoon, with check-out times
in the late morning. Sometimes in order to have a room during the daytime
hours you require, you have to reserve the room for the night prior to your
arrival. And, if you want to keep the room later than the check-out time,
for the arrival night also.
Having said that, some of the airport hotels could have special day use
rates and it might be worth contacting some to inquire. There's a list at
http://www.paris-cdg.com/hotels.html .
Bon voyage!
GG

Old March 4th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Mark Fagan

The Envergure Group, which own the excellent Climat chain of hotels, has
others in their Kyriad Prestige, Campanile and Première Classe within a few
kilometers of CDG. Their website is
http://www.envergure.fr/envergureen.html

Old March 4th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Yorick

Gerrit 't Hart wrote:
We hope to arrive at CDG early on the morning of 2 April after an
overnight flight from Singapore. We will pick up a lease car at the
airport and then drive to Vlissingen in Holland (about 400 km).
Seeing as I am a terribly bad sleeper (probably won't sleep at all) we
were thinking of taking a few hours rest/sleep close to the airport.
But where is the question?

Viamichelin says it's 335km and a 3h19 drive. You can take advantage of the
new Westerscheldetunnel to get to Vlissingen.

Do chains like Formule 1 let you have a room for several hours during the
day?
Or is there a hotel like facility at CDG?
Or any other solution?

Formule 1 hotels are just interested in your creditcard number Sure you
can stay there for a short time.
The rate of approx. 27,50 for the room will remain the same however.

There is one at the Garonor exit, which is very close to CDG, but you'll
actually drive in the direction of Paris (instead of Holland). It should be
a 5 - 10 min. drive from CDG.
On the A1 highway you'll come across several F1 and likewise hotels, so you
could also opt to drive up north and stop at the first opportunity.

http://www.hotelformule1.com/formule1/index.html

Yorick.