First cruise - CARIBBEAN - questions

Old November 5th, 2006, 02:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

Default First cruise - CARIBBEAN - questions

Margaret Caldwell Ott wrote:
Thanks very much. Bill had a flare up of congestive heart failure and
we increased some medication. The Dr. came today and found the
condition to be much improved, and hospitalization will not be
necessary. We're breathing a deep sigh of relief here.

And all of your buddies in New York City are also breathing a deep
sigh of relief for both you and Bill, Ermalee!!! Do take careful care
of yourselves!!! (Please note the use of the plural form!!)

PegNDerek

Thanks, Peg and Derek. We need a cruise with you two before we give up
cruising. We appreciate your concern.

Ermalee ---didn't need a cruise ship for climbing the walls this week g
Old November 5th, 2006, 01:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Margaret Caldwell Ott

Come along with us on the Norwegian Spirit for Christmas and New
Year's (December 21, 2006) or back to back voyages on the same ship in
July (July 7 and July 15, 2007)!!! Not sure where we will be for
Christmas 2007/New Year's 2008--looks like a choice between Norwegian
Gem, back to backs on Century, or possibly Explorer of the Seas--the
family is still discussing!!

Filakia!!

Peg

Old November 5th, 2006, 02:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
sheree

i think ermalee should be a nurse!! hugs to you and bill
sheree

"Tom K" wrote in message

"Ermalee" wrote in message
Tom K wrote:

"Ermalee" wrote in message
. ..

I've always wanted to do one of Sue's annual 'junkets', but I am
thankful that I didn't book this one. We are dealing with a case of
congestive heart failure at our house. May involve hospital time if
there's no improvement this weekend with home care. Dr. is stopping by
daily.

Ermalee

Sorry to hear that Ermalee. Hope everything works out.

--Tom

Thanks, Tom. The Dr. came by again today, and we got a much better
report. Home care is working well, so, no hospital. Yea!!!

Ermalee

Excellent!!!!!!!!!

--Tom

Old November 5th, 2006, 03:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Ermalee" wrote in message
. ..

Thanks very much. Bill had a flare up of congestive heart failure and we
increased some medication. The Dr. came today and found the condition to
be much improved, and hospitalization will not be necessary. We're
breathing a deep sigh of relief here.

Ermalee --knows growing old ain't fer sissies :-)

What medication is he taking for CHF?

--Tom

Old November 5th, 2006, 04:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

I would love to, Peg. This is one of my favorite ships. But we are
leaving in early January for Florida for several weeks. I hope we have
no more health scares! Thanks.

Ermalee

Old November 5th, 2006, 04:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

No, No, Sheree! I have had enough experience dealing with family
members over the years. I have learned words that I never knew existed,
and could never be a nurse as a career.
Thanks.
Ermalee

"Tom K" wrote in message

"Ermalee" wrote in message

Tom K wrote:

news:zrudnX0eH8bAiNHYnZ2dnUVZ_qydnZ2d@comcast. com...

Old November 5th, 2006, 04:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

Tom K wrote:

"Ermalee" wrote in message
. ..

Thanks very much. Bill had a flare up of congestive heart failure and we
increased some medication. The Dr. came today and found the condition to
be much improved, and hospitalization will not be necessary. We're
breathing a deep sigh of relief here.

Ermalee --knows growing old ain't fer sissies :-)

What medication is he taking for CHF?

--Tom

Double up on the lasix and making sure his potassium level is ok.
Gave 120 mg one day, but usually 80. Symptoms left and now back to 40.

Old November 5th, 2006, 07:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
The Captain

wrote:
We decided to buy our first cruise:
place - Caribbean, time - December, we found too many nice cruises and
now we are confused what is the best for us? We need some help....

We have three types:
1) 7-night Caribbean-Western - from Miami with Royal Caribbean -
Voyager of the Seas
- Labadee, Haiti
- Ocho Rios, Jamaica
- Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Cozumel

2) 8-night Caribbean-Eastern - from Fort Lauderdale with Royal
Caribbean - Radiance of the Seas
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- St. John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Charlotte Amalie, U.S. Virgin Islands
- St. Martin - Sint Maarten
- Nassau, Bahamas

3) 10-night Caribbean-Ultimate - from Tampa with Celebrity Cruises -
Zenith
- George Town, Grand Cayman
- Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
- Colon, Panama
- Roatan (Isla Roatan), Bay Islands, Honduras
- Cozumel, Mexico

We have a lot of questions, we are under 30, we would like to see a
lot, we like snorkeling, exotic places, good fun etc. It will be our
honeymoon, but we want to spend it in active way. We don't want to
spend all day on the beach.
Do You think 1st cruise for 10 nights isn't too long for first timers??
Is it better to take 7 nights?
Is it big diffrence between these lines ( royal and celebrity ) ? Is it
really bad to stay at interior room or it's better to pay a little bit
more for oceanview? what we should know about additional charges? Is
some lines better for "young" people? ( beside disney's ship )? What
about shore excursions? Have You tried something? What can You
recomend? Is it better to organize our time by ourselves or buy some
excursions? We would love to hear everything what You know, every
suggestion, specialy from people who tried one of those cruises.
It's our first time and we would like to know everything before we book
the cruise
Thank You soooooo much

Eve

Old November 5th, 2006, 07:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
The Captain

wrote:
[...]

Hi Eve,

The interent is great for looking but you end up with information
overload. Ok, first off. If you want to be active most everyday then
book out of San Juan. The ships from San Juan typically are in port
more often. This will keep you busy. If you want more sea days book a
cruise out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale etc. I suggest you stay with a
7-day honeymoon cruise. Typically you will find a younger crowd on
Carnival but every sailing date can be a different mix of ages and
people. There are a lot of factors that can effect the sailing.

Royal Caribbean owns Celebrity. Celebrity tends to be more queit than
Royal Caribbean. Your mass market cruise lines are NCL, RCL and
Carnival. Your premium cruise lines are Holland America, Princess and
Celebrity. Food tends to be a little better on premium cruise lines.

I suggest you pick a budget, pick the destination that appeals to you
the most, pick a ship and sail for 7 days. As far as the stateroom you
can go two ways. One it sounds like you will not be in the room very
much so an inside might work. The problem is it is your honeymoon and
if you want to enhance your experience then book an oceanview or
balcony. This will add life to your room and experience.

Shore excursions-- You can pick up taxis etc depending on the port of
calls. Make sure you negotiate price up front with a clear
understanding of what you want and expect from you tour. Make sure you
will be back at the ship in time. (very important the ship will leave
with out you. Booking a shore excursion with the cruise line
eliminates this problem. It easy but will probably cost more and you do
not have as much flexibility.

The Captian
www.theluxuryships.com

Old November 5th, 2006, 10:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

As a travel agent and a seasoned cruiser, I would recommend the Royal
Caribbean Cruise for 7 days. The contemporary ship such as Carnival and
Royal Caribbean lines are geared for the younger crowd with more
activities. Celebrity is considered a premium line with limited
activites and more on focus on individualized service. The shore
excursions can be purchased on the ship. Each cruise line has
authorized suppliers that provide excursions for the cruise lines.
Interior rooms are not the way to go if you want a view. The balcony is
definitly the way to go. If you are looking at price differences the
oceanview and balcony cabins usually are a few dollars per day per
person more to upgrade. Please don't forget the passports. The new
federal passport laws go into effect on January 1, 2007.

If I can answer any questions or assist in making any travel plans;
please give Derryl or Amy a call at A&D Travel (866) 435-TRIP or visit
our website at www.adtravelga.com.

Congratulations on the wedding and have a great Honeymoon.