Travel to Keya planed - please help!

Old November 9th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Seb

Default Travel to Keya planed - please help!

Hi Guys...
A short introduction first...
My name is Sebastian and I am writing to you from Croatia...

Why am I posting this here?

My girlfriend spent 3 weeks in Senegal last year and since then she is all
over me, trying to make me go to Africa with her, as she want to go AGAIN!!!
Finally, with good selling skills, she managed to get me on board...
Destination chosen: Kenya! ...from here I started to browse the web, and
only today got to the idea of trying news groups as well!

So let me try to set the scenario first....

As we both love to dive, we were first looking for some good diving sites,
and here the decision is already made for Watamu, and we will spend there 7
days, to be more precise from 02/01/2006 - 09/01/2006.... After that we
definitely wanna go for a safari game in Tsawo East/West national park, most
probably for 3 days (2 over nights).... Would love to see Mt. Kilimanjaro of
course... Then we will still have few days off, till the 16/01/2006, to be
spent on the cost (relaxing, chilling, maybe snorkelling and enjoying a bit
of local food, culture, etc.) and after that we will be heading home....

We will be flying Munich - Mombasa - Munich....

Now, after the "short intro", here comes the call for help :-)))
I was wondering if any of you reading this group could let me know how did
you book your safari trips (if any),
do you have any agencies, ways to advise on how to book this one.... Also,
as we have the accommodation confirmed only for the first 7 days, we would
also love to hear your suggestions for the remaining 6-7 days... Any
location (possibly not high budget, more kind of low-mid range priced kind
of thing) to suggest, phone numbers, www to share????

I know that being a perfect stranger from far away, I really ask a lot, but
I promise I can return the favour if any of you is interested in visiting
Croatia!

Well, hoping for good I will be looking forward to hearing from this group
of Kenya lovers :-)))
Many many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Sebastian & Suzana

P.S.
I read the post from Rydale, Subject: Kenya safari pics, dated:
12/10/2005... but am wondering if I might be able to learn/hear more :-)))
thx

Old November 10th, 2005, 11:57 AM
joseking

Default Here comes the help Sebastian.

Yeah Kenya is a cool place to have your holiday and i don't understand
how your girlfriend can see that way before you did!!!!
Watamu is cool and is a great destination especially for divers. what
I would advice you to do is take like three days safari at the TSAVO
EAST for two nites and then one nite in the TSAVO WEST then you can add
another 2 days safaris at the AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK also found in the
South west of Kenya and has a good view of the Mt kilimanjaro the
highest mountain in Africa with an attitude height of 5895 m. The
remaining days can be spent in Mombasa or Lamu where they got good
beaches but it's always good to make the booking early as i can see
you will be coming in January and it will still be high season.
You asked for an operator why don't you try DIWAKA TOURS AND TRAVEL
based in Kenya,they are good at their work and have got cheap but very
efficients prices, their website is www.diwakasafaris.com
All the best hope my information is helpful.

Old November 10th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Seb

Thank you joseking foryour reply...
I'll check the website....
Seb

ups.com...

Old November 11th, 2005, 11:17 AM
joseking

hallo Seb how did you find the web? Is it helpful?
In Mombasa you can ask them to book you at the Whitesands Resort,
it's good and a favorite. The booking may be hard to get but I believe
they will manage to do it for you. In Tsavo East maybe you can ask for
Voi Wildlife Lodge as for the TSavo West I would prefer you try
Kilaguni Lodge and for the Amboseli the Amboseli Serena Lodge is very
efficient.
Anyway those are my favorites but i believe they may offer you other
alternatives.

Old November 16th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Ray

I took the chance to have a look at the site and it's cool,mostly i
liked the home page photo of that maasai guy or is he a Turkana? it's a
cool photo it made me to remember those times i had the chanc to dance
with the Maasai people and visiting their Manyatta temporarly homes.
Joseking i have been to the Kilaguni Lodge in Tsavo West n you were
right it was a cool place to recommend someone. The view is fantastic n
I hope Seb and his gal will like it.

Old November 21st, 2005, 08:06 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Hi guys...

Apologies for the late reply but I was out of the net for some time....

Thanks for your tips & feedback...

All the way is booked!!!

On the way from the airport to Watamu, first few sites to visit (my
girlfriend knows them... I forgot the locations names.. :-))) )First 6 days
in Watamu, diving, snorkeling, etc... Then, a driver comes to pick us up
from Watamu and we are off to the safari... Tsavo East and west, for 3
days... after that Tiwi beach for another 4 days, will visit Diani Beach
probably and local spots.... After that, back home....

Thanks a lot for now....

Will put a post once we get back, mid Jan 2006 :-)))

Cheers and all the best from Croatia

Sebastian

ups.com...