Cruise Addiction

Old July 12th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Dory Samuels

Default Cruise Addiction

I have a couple of ideas of why cruising became such an addiction for
Stan & I. We are a couple of hard working seniors in the service
industry. Therefore when we cruise we just adore the pampering we get
(mostly Celebrity) and the break from the news, phones & TV. Just
others also wanting to have fun and relax. Well, I thought of another
reason today. We (Stan & I) seem to lose our inhibitions when on board.
We dance, join the trivia games and even the silly pool contests. We
don't hesitate starting conversations with strangers, something we don't
do at home.
Are there other reasons I haven't thought of yet? One thing is for
sure........this is the very best kind of an addiction. When we don't
have a cruise booked we almost go into depression.

~Dory~

Old July 12th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Howie

Dory Samuels wrote:
I have a couple of ideas of why cruising became such an addiction for
Stan & I. We are a couple of hard working seniors in the service
industry. Therefore when we cruise we just adore the pampering we get
(mostly Celebrity) and the break from the news, phones & TV. Just
others also wanting to have fun and relax. Well, I thought of another
reason today. We (Stan & I) seem to lose our inhibitions when on board.
We dance, join the trivia games and even the silly pool contests. We
don't hesitate starting conversations with strangers, something we don't
do at home.
Are there other reasons I haven't thought of yet?

For me, cruising offers many of the things I enjoy most in one location.
These are (in no particular order) sea, sun, gym, sauna, music,
dancing, dining, people, etc.

Howie

Old July 12th, 2004, 07:32 PM
clint

The cow an I REALLY lose our inhibitions...ever do any "swinging?" If you
know what I mean! haha

Old July 12th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Dick Goldhaber

Dory,

35 years ago my wife decided that we were tired of Miami Beach and booked a
cruise for the two of us.

35 years later, happily retired, we, now my daughter and I, can now cruise
once a year instead of the every other year routine we were in.

It is an opportunity to get away from the routine lives we live. But while
we look at each other every morning and ask "which Sunday is this?", we
choose not to separate ourselves completely from the "real world".

In this day of terror and terrorists and the real world, we keep our cell
phones handy and keep tuned to CNN because "the times, they are a-changing".

We love "team trivia" because we both have heads full of useless knowledge
and are competitive and love to win.

While Danni is and I am not a social butterfly, we have the advantage of
having to travel with a "service animal" because Danni is hearing impaired,
and Heidi is a "chick magnet".
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old July 12th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Juliana L Holm

Well my husband and I are hard core, independant, through the back door
travellers. We took our first cruise as a whim birthday gift for my
hubby. We were surprised at what a good time we had.

Don't get me wrong, I still love to backpack with a Eurail pass from
European town to European town, to hike a back country trail in a National
park, to struggle through window menus on a cobbled road, trying to figure
out which restaurant has a good vegetarian option. We still prefer hostel
beds to 4 star hotels.

But cruises are great for pure relaxation, and there is just something
about being on thw water. . . . .

I cruise to recharge, and I travel independantly to rub elbows with the rest
of the world.

Dory Samuels wrote:
I have a couple of ideas of why cruising became such an addiction for
Stan & I. We are a couple of hard working seniors in the service
industry. Therefore when we cruise we just adore the pampering we get
(mostly Celebrity) and the break from the news, phones & TV. Just
others also wanting to have fun and relax. Well, I thought of another
reason today. We (Stan & I) seem to lose our inhibitions when on board.
We dance, join the trivia games and even the silly pool contests. We
don't hesitate starting conversations with strangers, something we don't
do at home.
Are there other reasons I haven't thought of yet? One thing is for
sure........this is the very best kind of an addiction. When we don't
have a cruise booked we almost go into depression.

~Dory~

--
Julie
**********
Old July 12th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Becca

The peace and quiet of being at sea is what I like most about cruising.
I also enjoy no telephones ringing. The entertainment is a plus.

Becca -----enjoys the ports sometimes....

Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/
Miracle in May http://www.cruisemaster.com/miracle.htm

Old July 13th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Cammum

From: "clint"

The cow an I REALLY lose our inhibitions...ever do any "swinging?" If you
know what I mean! haha

Not funny, homey.

Cam