Family hotel near Venice with swimming pool

Old June 11th, 2007, 02:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Evan[_2_]

Default Family hotel near Venice with swimming pool

We will be visiting Venice for 4 days at the end of July and would
like to know whether anyone can please recommend to us, a hotel
suitable for a family. It needs to have a swimming pool.

We will be relying on public transport and will be visiting Venice and
surrounding areas, so it needs to be within an hours reach of Venice.

In terms of price we would be looking at either 3 or 4 * hotels. We
would need either a family room or 2 interconnecting rooms. There will
be my wife and I and our 2 children aged 8 years.

If anyone can give us a recommendation, that would be great.

Thanks,

Evan

Old June 11th, 2007, 02:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Go Fig

In article .com,
Evan wrote:

We will be visiting Venice for 4 days at the end of July and would
like to know whether anyone can please recommend to us, a hotel
suitable for a family. It needs to have a swimming pool.

We will be relying on public transport and will be visiting Venice and
surrounding areas, so it needs to be within an hours reach of Venice.

In terms of price we would be looking at either 3 or 4 * hotels. We
would need either a family room or 2 interconnecting rooms. There will
be my wife and I and our 2 children aged 8 years.

If anyone can give us a recommendation, that would be great.

http://www.hotelcipriani.com/web/oci...troduction.jsp

A pool and much more... one of the very best locations.

jay
Mon Jun 11, 2007

Thanks,

Evan

Old June 11th, 2007, 03:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
bill frogg[_3_]

On 2007-06-11 06:12:29 -0700, Evan said:

We will be visiting Venice for 4 days at the end of July and would
like to know whether anyone can please recommend to us, a hotel
suitable for a family. It needs to have a swimming pool.

Try this one:
http://deals.hotels.com/hotels-italy...el-leon-d-oro/

Or search the Novotel chain.
Be aware that swimming pools do not necessarily
come with lifeguards, so don't think of just dumping the kids and not
paying attention. bill

Old June 11th, 2007, 03:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
bob fusillo

" http://www.hotelcipriani.com/web/oci...troduction.jsp

A pool and much more... one of the very best locations.

jay
Mon Jun 11, 2007

Is that a pool? I always thought it was a wet football field.
rjf

Old June 11th, 2007, 08:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 06:12:29 -0700, Evan
wrote:

We will be visiting Venice for 4 days at the end of July and would
like to know whether anyone can please recommend to us, a hotel
suitable for a family. It needs to have a swimming pool.

We will be relying on public transport and will be visiting Venice and
surrounding areas, so it needs to be within an hours reach of Venice.

In terms of price we would be looking at either 3 or 4 * hotels. We
would need either a family room or 2 interconnecting rooms. There will
be my wife and I and our 2 children aged 8 years.

If anyone can give us a recommendation, that would be great.

Will you be spending more than one day in Venice? If so, I would
recommend spending at least one night in Venice proper so you can see
the city at night and in the morning. However, a pool in Venice would
normally be found only in very deluxe hotels. In fact, a pool would be
a rarity in a 3 star hotel anywhere in Italy. Even many 4 star hotels
don't have pools.

In fact, if you need a pool, you may need to stay in a less urban
setting, which will limit your public transportation possibilities.

Would the sea be a reasonable sustitute for a pool? If so, you might
consider one of the towns on the Venetian Riviera.

The only considerable city within an hour of Venice is Padua, but I
think it would be hard to find a pool there. Padua is half an hour
from Venice by train and also has good train connections to other
cities in the region.

--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old June 11th, 2007, 08:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:42:25 -0600, Go Fig wrote:

In article .com,
Evan wrote:

We will be visiting Venice for 4 days at the end of July and would
like to know whether anyone can please recommend to us, a hotel
suitable for a family. It needs to have a swimming pool.

We will be relying on public transport and will be visiting Venice and
surrounding areas, so it needs to be within an hours reach of Venice.

In terms of price we would be looking at either 3 or 4 * hotels. We
would need either a family room or 2 interconnecting rooms. There will
be my wife and I and our 2 children aged 8 years.

If anyone can give us a recommendation, that would be great.

http://www.hotelcipriani.com/web/oci...troduction.jsp

A pool and much more... one of the very best locations.

At those prices, it should be a 7 star hotel.

Old June 12th, 2007, 12:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Rog'

"B Vaughan" wrote:
Would the sea be a reasonable sustitute for a pool?
If so, you might consider one of the towns on the
Venetian Riviera.

Since no one has said it yet, I will (tongue-in-cheek):
Why not just stay in Venice and let the kids swim in
the "streets." On secod thought... :-/

Old June 12th, 2007, 09:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
ff[_2_]

Would the sea be a reasonable sustitute for a pool? If so, you might
consider one of the towns on the Venetian Riviera.

I thought the beach at Venice was not bad, but I haven't been there in
12 years.

Fred

Old June 13th, 2007, 02:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Go Fig

Evan wrote:

We will be visiting Venice for 4 days at the end of July and would
like to know whether anyone can please recommend to us, a hotel
suitable for a family. It needs to have a swimming pool.

We will be relying on public transport and will be visiting Venice and
surrounding areas, so it needs to be within an hours reach of Venice.

In terms of price we would be looking at either 3 or 4 * hotels. We
would need either a family room or 2 interconnecting rooms. There will
be my wife and I and our 2 children aged 8 years.

If anyone can give us a recommendation, that would be great.

http://www.hotelcipriani.com/web/oci...troduction.jsp

A pool and much more... one of the very best locations.

At those prices, it should be a 7 star hotel.

OK, but it is one of the finest hotels in the world... and a swiming
pool in Venice too...

jay
Tue Jun 12, 2007