Cambodia beaches

Old October 4th, 2008, 09:48 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

Default Cambodia beaches

I was wondering if it is now safe enough along the Cambodian coast for a
beach holiday with wife and kids. We could for instance fly KL-PP and
then from there take a taxi or car+driver to a beach resort. I'm not
impressed by the Thai beach resorts in the peak season (December) -
overcrowded and expensive, so perhaps Cambodia could be a more relaxed
option. How good is the tourist infrastructure and is malaria a problem?
Which beach resort would you recommend?
--

Alfred Molon
Old October 6th, 2008, 07:09 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
louis14

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
I was wondering if it is now safe enough along the Cambodian coast for a
beach holiday with wife and kids. We could for instance fly KL-PP and
then from there take a taxi or car+driver to a beach resort. I'm not
impressed by the Thai beach resorts in the peak season (December) -
overcrowded and expensive, so perhaps Cambodia could be a more relaxed
option. How good is the tourist infrastructure and is malaria a problem?
Which beach resort would you recommend?

It's still a bit Wild West-ish, but it's certainly cheaper and less pushy
than Thailand.

You and the wife, no problem. Kids, it might depend on their age.

Sihanoukville is coming along, but older kids might find it a bit boring
(nothing to do except the beach), and teenagers might have to be discouraged
from trying the widely available Happy Shakes and other Happy Meals which
are "happy" for very different reasons than the McDonald's versions. For
this reason, some of the clientele might be a bit off-putting, too, if
generally harmless.

Malaria info is he
http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/yellowBoo...everTable.aspx