HAITI

Old February 23rd, 2004, 06:06 PM
Pvnahra

Default HAITI

can anyone tell me if R.C. cruiselines is making a stop somewhere else since it
is not going to haiti because of the trouble there right now,thanks,VIC
Old February 23rd, 2004, 07:18 PM
mgb

Pvnahra wrote:
can anyone tell me if R.C. cruiselines is making a stop somewhere else since it
is not going to haiti because of the trouble there right now,thanks,VIC

My wife and I will be on the Explorer this coming week. I sent them an
email and asked the same question. Here is the reply I got:

Dear Mr. Butler,

Six of our upcoming Caribbean sailings are scheduled to make a port call
in Labadee. Labadee is Royal Caribbean International’s private, isolated
beachfront area on the northern coast of Haiti, which is on the island
of Hispaniola.

Although Labadee has been far removed from the recent unrest taking
place in other areas of Haiti, we feel canceling our port calls there is
the most prudent course of action. Instead, our ships will spend the day
at sea, and, where possible, extend their calls in other ports.

The impacted sailings a

Explorer of the Seas – departing Miami on Saturday, February 14

Navigator of the Seas – departing Miami on Saturday, February 14

Voyager of the Seas – departing Miami on Sunday, February 15

Brilliance of the Seas – departing Miami on Monday, February 16

Navigator of the Seas – departing Miami on Saturday, February 21

Mariner of the Seas – departing Port Canaveral on Sunday February 22

The top priority of Royal Caribbean is the safety of our guests and
employees, and we apologize for this unexpected change to our
itineraries. We will continue to closely monitor events in Haiti and we
look forward to resuming port calls in Labadee in the very near future.

I appreciate your ongoing support of Royal Caribbean International.
Should you have and additional questions, please let us know.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Jessica Shryack
Customer Service Representative

Old February 23rd, 2004, 07:41 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:18:41 GMT, mgb wrote:

The top priority of Royal Caribbean is the safety of our guests and
employees, and we apologize for this unexpected change to our
itineraries.

If that were true, they would never port in Jamaica.

The Not So Fine Art Of Google - Go To Top Of Thread
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6
Old February 23rd, 2004, 09:47 PM
Dick Goldhaber

I am guessing that the fact that we sent Special Forces into Haiti today to
guard our Embassy there will prevent ships from calling there this week as
well.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

ABB

Old February 24th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Pvnahra

What about the explorer of the seas,thanks,Vic