Heathrow to Gatwick

Old July 6th, 2018, 03:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_3_]

Default Heathrow to Gatwick

This coming September, at around 2:30pm one afternoon, my wife and I
will need to get from Heathrow airport to Gatwick airport. I know that
we can take a bus. We've taken a bus before, but the current bus was
full and we had to wait a long time for the next one. About how much
would a taxi cost? Is there another alternative we should consider?
Old July 8th, 2018, 10:25 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 3:23:54 PM UTC+1, Ken Blake wrote:
This coming September, at around 2:30pm one afternoon, my wife and I
will need to get from Heathrow airport to Gatwick airport. I know that
we can take a bus. We've taken a bus before, but the current bus was
full and we had to wait a long time for the next one. About how much
would a taxi cost? Is there another alternative we should consider?

Trains are very inconvenient, indirect routes with changes.
A taxi would be around £50/70 depending on quote.
Travel times would be around 75 minutes.
We often do this trip from 20 minutes towards Gatwick from Heathrow.
Old July 8th, 2018, 08:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

On 7/8/18 2:25 AM, Surreyman wrote:
On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 3:23:54 PM UTC+1, Ken Blake wrote:
This coming September, at around 2:30pm one afternoon, my wife and I
will need to get from Heathrow airport to Gatwick airport. I know that
we can take a bus. We've taken a bus before, but the current bus was
full and we had to wait a long time for the next one. About how much
would a taxi cost? Is there another alternative we should consider?

Trains are very inconvenient, indirect routes with changes.
A taxi would be around £50/70 depending on quote.
Travel times would be around 75 minutes.
We often do this trip from 20 minutes towards Gatwick from Heathrow.

That's a very steep price for a 20-minute trip.

Is there directly bus service?

Or maybe save a little on Uber or Mini Cabs?
Old July 11th, 2018, 11:33 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

On Sunday, July 8, 2018 at 8:41:51 PM UTC+1, poldy wrote:
On 7/8/18 2:25 AM, Surreyman wrote:
On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 3:23:54 PM UTC+1, Ken Blake wrote:
This coming September, at around 2:30pm one afternoon, my wife and I
will need to get from Heathrow airport to Gatwick airport. I know that
we can take a bus. We've taken a bus before, but the current bus was
full and we had to wait a long time for the next one. About how much
would a taxi cost? Is there another alternative we should consider?

Trains are very inconvenient, indirect routes with changes.
A taxi would be around £50/70 depending on quote.
Travel times would be around 75 minutes.
We often do this trip from 20 minutes towards Gatwick from Heathrow.

That's a very steep price for a 20-minute trip.

Is there directly bus service?

Or maybe save a little on Uber or Mini Cabs?

Suggest you read both previous posts again.