Cairns to Maroochydore

Old February 3rd, 2005, 04:16 PM
mtwright6

Default Cairns to Maroochydore

Hi All

Part of my trip to OZ is starting from Cairns travelling by car to
Maroochydore and wondered if there is anything of real interest on the way
down, we have planned the journey time for up to 6 days stopping off
wherever. I have spent 3 weeks previously in Maroochydore in 2003 and really
loved the area so any advice on the journey down would be appreciated.
Thanks.

John ( England )

Old February 4th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Ross

Near Ingham (60km each way detour from the highway) is the Lumholtz National
Park which also contains Wallaman (aboriginal word for "Big Water") Falls,
the highest single drop waterfall in Oz at 268 metres.

There are numerous things to see on the way down (or up) the coast.

What we do is visit the "Visitor Information Centre" in what ever town we
want to spend time and search through the brochures there.

Ross

Old February 4th, 2005, 10:28 AM
A Mate

That whole coastal strip is 'rich' in places to go, and things to do!!

It includes the cities of Townsville and Mackay; as well as several
prosperous farming cities! National Parks, Beaches, Historic Sites.

Beg/borrow or steal a Guide Book!

Old February 4th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Jeff

here are my four choices
south of Cairns - the Boulders at Babinda
south of cairns - Mission Beach
off Townsville, Magnetic Island
and Don't, whatever you do, don;t miss the Whitsundays.

cheers
Jeff
http://community.webshots.com/user/surfoz

Old February 4th, 2005, 02:14 PM
mtwright6

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies just need to get a decent map of Queensland now
and wait for April to come.

John

Old February 5th, 2005, 02:14 AM
Alan S

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 14:14:19 GMT, "mtwright6"
wrote:

|Hi all,
|
|Thanks for all the replies just need to get a decent map of Queensland now
|and wait for April to come.
|
|John

Hi John

Check whether your Automobile association has RACQ maps. If not, maybe
you could buy one via the RACQ. Also check whether you have reciprocal
AA membership arrangements.

http://www.racq.com.au/
http://www.racq.com.au/cgi-bin/roadr...3_main_map.cfm

Cheers, Alan