Scammed by Ramada Plaza Resorts - What to Do Now?

Old February 22nd, 2004, 02:01 AM
Scammed in California

Default Scammed by Ramada Plaza Resorts - What to Do Now?

My girlfriend received a marketing mailing last year from Ramada Plaza
Resorts selling vacations to Florida and a cruise to the Bahamas.
Unfortunately, she bought into the "deal" and sent a deposit and has
recently paid them the entire amount and was hoping to schedule the
trip for next month.

Until today I had planned to go with her and asked to see the
paperwork. Upon researching Ramada Plaza Resorts I found that the
company has been a front for large scale vacation package scams for
years.

Has anyone had any experience with this company situations like this?
What sort of action can she now take to attempt to get her money back?
I know many states have sued and won large settlements from this
organization and have read stories from others duped into this scam
who have said they received refunds. How does one go about getting
this to happen?

Any help with this company or situation would be greatly appreciated
either in private or here in this newsgroup.

Thanks in advance,

Scammed in California
Old February 22nd, 2004, 03:20 PM
Henry

Scammed in California wrote:

My girlfriend received a marketing mailing last year from Ramada Plaza
Resorts selling vacations to Florida and a cruise to the Bahamas.
Unfortunately, she bought into the "deal" and sent a deposit and has
recently paid them the entire amount and was hoping to schedule the
trip for next month.

Until today I had planned to go with her and asked to see the
paperwork.

OK; clear enough so far.

Upon researching Ramada Plaza Resorts I found that the
company has been a front for large scale vacation package scams for
years.

It's not at all clear how this follows from your checking of the
paperwork for your girlfriend's (and your) proposed vacation.

Has anyone had any experience with this company situations like this?

Now you've totally lost me. 'Situations like this'? Situations like
_what_?

What sort of action can she now take to attempt to get her money back?

You have given us no idea as to why she should get--or even want--her
money back.

I know many states have sued and won large settlements from this
organization and have read stories from others duped into this scam
who have said they received refunds. How does one go about getting
this to happen?

Any help with this company or situation would be greatly appreciated
either in private or here in this newsgroup.

Thanks in advance,

Scammed in California

Just _how_ have you been scammed? You need to give us a lot more
information.

cheers,

Henry