Going to be in Adelaide...

Old January 7th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Jennifer

Default Going to be in Adelaide...

Hi All -

Just found out I will be working on a consulting engagement for 5-7 weeks in
Adelaide beginning the first of February. Obviously, never having been to
Australia before, I want to mix in as much sightseeing as possible.

I am a certified diver, so I definitely want to do some diving along the
Barrier Reef. Any suggestions for local dive shops would be much
appreciated. Plus the best beaches to hit for scenery and fun?

I'd also like to dedicate a weekend to getting out into the Outback and
hiking, roughing it, etc in the Australian "wilderness". Is it realistic
that I can find weekend trips out of Adelaide? Any tours I should look at?

I also want to visit the wine country, so any suggestions of areas or tours
would be much appreciated.

Thanks -

Jen

Old January 7th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Jennifer

I've heard alot about the dive packages that include cage interaction with
Great Whites...

Are they available in the Summer months? Can they be arranged over a
weekend as opposed to the 5-7 day trips I've heard about?

Thanks -

Jen

Old January 8th, 2005, 03:51 AM
Poss

Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of "Jennifer"
:

Hi All -

Just found out I will be working on a consulting engagement for 5-7 weeks in
Adelaide beginning the first of February. Obviously, never having been to
Australia before, I want to mix in as much sightseeing as possible.

I am a certified diver, so I definitely want to do some diving along the
Barrier Reef. Any suggestions for local dive shops would be much
appreciated. Plus the best beaches to hit for scenery and fun?

I'd also like to dedicate a weekend to getting out into the Outback and
hiking, roughing it, etc in the Australian "wilderness". Is it realistic
that I can find weekend trips out of Adelaide? Any tours I should look at?

I also want to visit the wine country, so any suggestions of areas or tours
would be much appreciated.

Thanks -

Jen

The Barrier Reef is a fair way away from Adelaide. Qantas do limited
direct flights otherwise it can be up to a 6 hour flight with stops in
Sydney or Brisbane.

Old January 8th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Jimbo

Diving can be done off the Noarlunga reef
just in southern suburbs of Adelaide
(NO Coral though)
try "googling" for dive shops in Adelaide.
Lots of day a nd half day toursto all the touristy spots.
Places like Flinders Ranges Kangaroo Island,
you can get from one day up to week tours.
try
http://www.sashorts.com.au/home.asp

or "google" for Kangaroo Island and many sites come up.
regards
Jimbo

--
Please reply to the list as my email is a dummy address

Old January 9th, 2005, 03:54 AM
woodsie

In article , "Jennifer"
wrote:

I've heard alot about the dive packages that include cage interaction with
Great Whites...

Are they available in the Summer months? Can they be arranged over a
weekend as opposed to the 5-7 day trips I've heard about?

Thanks -

Jen

yes. and diving outside the cage is ALOT cheaper.
Old January 9th, 2005, 04:44 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

"woodsie" wrote in message
In article , "Jennifer"
wrote:

I've heard alot about the dive packages that include cage interaction with
Great Whites...

Are they available in the Summer months? Can they be arranged over a
weekend as opposed to the 5-7 day trips I've heard about?

Thanks -

Jen

yes. and diving outside the cage is ALOT cheaper.

IF you survive the hospital costs are likely to be higher though! :-)

Gerrit

Old January 9th, 2005, 04:44 AM
Gerrit 't Hart