Going to be in Adelaide...

Old January 10th, 2005, 01:55 AM
Robin

Hi Jennifer,

Although Adelaide does not have the Great Barrier Reef you can experience
some wonderful diving around the local area.
A few good websites to check out
1. http://www.adskin.com.au/
2. http://www.adelaidescuba.com.au/
3. http://www.diversdelight.com.au/
4. http://www.glenelgscuba.com.au/
5. http://www.rodneyfox.com.au/

Beaches - there are many great ones to choose from (most uncrowded),
probably the most well known and most vibrant City Tourist Beach is Glenelg
http://coastaladelaide.com.au/

As for Sightseeing Tours check my website on Adelaide
http://www.affiliate.viator.com/broc...AIDE&AUID=2536

Have fun in Adelaide (my home town) and any questions just ask.

Robin

"Jennifer" wrote in message
Hi All -

Just found out I will be working on a consulting engagement for 5-7 weeks
in
Adelaide beginning the first of February. Obviously, never having been to
Australia before, I want to mix in as much sightseeing as possible.

I am a certified diver, so I definitely want to do some diving along the
Barrier Reef. Any suggestions for local dive shops would be much
appreciated. Plus the best beaches to hit for scenery and fun?

I'd also like to dedicate a weekend to getting out into the Outback and
hiking, roughing it, etc in the Australian "wilderness". Is it realistic
that I can find weekend trips out of Adelaide? Any tours I should look
at?

I also want to visit the wine country, so any suggestions of areas or
tours
would be much appreciated.

Thanks -

Jen

Old January 10th, 2005, 11:01 AM
ozstamps

I think the only place folks can dive along with Great Whites are in US
Fantasy TV shows.

--
ozstamps
ozstamps's Profile: http://travelforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=503

Old January 27th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Colin

Hello :-))

An offer.
I am retired 55yrs, belong to a 4wd club in Adelaide.
In between club trips I do some local Sth Aust trips either on the
coast or inland. Perhaps a chat over a coffee.
I have integrity in all manner of lifes traits.

--
Colin
Colin's Profile: