Good Hotel Near London School of Economics

Old February 2nd, 2004, 10:59 PM

Default Good Hotel Near London School of Economics

I'm attending a conference at the LSE in April and would like
recommendations on a good hotel near the campus, near the intersection of
Kingsway and Aldwych. (Underground stops are Covent Garden, Temple,
Holborn, but I want to be within walking distance of the campus.
Price range? Probably around 100 pounds would be good.

Thanks, Please email or post,

Don Doyle

Old February 3rd, 2004, 01:18 AM
Vicky

In article ,
wrote:

I'm attending a conference at the LSE in April and would like
recommendations on a good hotel near the campus, near the intersection of
Kingsway and Aldwych. (Underground stops are Covent Garden, Temple,
Holborn, but I want to be within walking distance of the campus.
Price range? Probably around 100 pounds would be good.

Thanks, Please email or post,

Don Doyle

The Strand Palace is very near. It's usually above 100gbp per night,
but since April isn't high season, you may be able to get a better
rate. I've also stayed in the Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden for
under 100gbp during low seasons. Alternatively, there are tons of 2 to
3-star hotels in the Bloosmbury/Russell Square area that is just a mere
5 to 10 minute walk from LSE. Thistle Bloomsbury, Bonnington,
Ambassador, Bedford, National...just off the top of my head. They're
all along Southampton Row /Upper Wolburn.

Hope this helps.

-Vicky
Old February 3rd, 2004, 03:31 AM
Charles Hawtrey

, while facing east, summoned the courage to
declaim:

I'm attending a conference at the LSE in April and would like
recommendations on a good hotel near the campus, near the intersection of
Kingsway and Aldwych. (Underground stops are Covent Garden, Temple,
Holborn, but I want to be within walking distance of the campus.
Price range? Probably around 100 pounds would be good.

Tons and tons of hotels within walking distance. You can have your
choice -- old and "quaint", big and modern, big and run-down, or
whatever you like.

There are several large hotels along Southampton Row, which is what
Kingsway becomes when you get a bit north of the Holborn underground
(I never figured out exactly where the dividing line was located).
Let us know what kind of hotel you prefer and I'm sure people can make
more specific recommendations.

--
"Never offend people with style when you can offend
them with substance." --Sam Brown
Old February 3rd, 2004, 01:49 PM
gerald

Don't know what your definition of "good" is, but London hotels are
very expensive. £100 does not buy much in the way of a business
hotel.

Old February 3rd, 2004, 04:54 PM
nobody760

http://www.smoothhound.co.uk/46.html

Old February 3rd, 2004, 05:38 PM
Irwell

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 15:59:20 -0600, wrote:

I'm attending a conference at the LSE in April and would like
recommendations on a good hotel near the campus, near the intersection of
Kingsway and Aldwych. (Underground stops are Covent Garden, Temple,
Holborn, but I want to be within walking distance of the campus.
Price range? Probably around 100 pounds would be good.

Thanks, Please email or post,

Don Doyle

One that will fill all the specs you want
is the Travelinn at Euston, full service
hotel under 100 pounds.
Old February 3rd, 2004, 08:38 PM
P J Wallace

Some of their own halls of residence might be available and aren't bad
(e.g., High Holborn). There's a couple of very posh hotels on the
doorstep (the Waldorf and One Aldwych), or the Strand Palace; or
anywhere in Bloomsbury is about 10-15 minutes walk away.