Moroccan citizen and UK visa

Old August 7th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Jiminy

Default Moroccan citizen and UK visa

A lady holder of a Moroccan passport married to an Italian citizen and
residing in Italy (ther'are still 7 years' awaiting to get the Italian
passport) requires a visa for entering the UK?

Thanx for yr reply
best,

Jiminy
Old August 7th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Miguel Cruz

Jiminy wrote:
A lady holder of a Moroccan passport married to an Italian citizen and
residing in Italy (ther'are still 7 years' awaiting to get the Italian
passport) requires a visa for entering the UK?

Generally, where you live and who you're married to doesn't have much to do
with your visa requirements. It may, however, make life easier when you make
your application.

miguel

Old August 7th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Owain

"Jiminy" wrote

Using the "Do I need a visa" at www.ukvisas.gov.uk

A Moroccan national living in Italy DOES need a visa.

Applications should be made to Rome

Italian:
http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/ser...rket/Xcelerate
/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1052838904623

English:
http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/ser...rket/Xcelerate
/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1052838815436

Form VAF1 (Non-settlement) can be downloaded from ukvisas.gov.uk or the
embassy site.

Note: If you are married to an EEA national (see our guidance note for EEA
citizens) and intend travelling to the UK with your spouse or intend
travelling to the UK to visit your spouse, you are entitled to apply for an
EEA Family Permit which is issued free of charge. If you intend travelling
alone, you are required to apply for a standard visit visa and will be
charged a fee.

Owain

Old August 7th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Owain

"Jiminy" wrote

Old August 7th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Owain

"Miguel Cruz" wrote
| Jiminy wrote:
| A lady holder of a Moroccan passport married to an Italian
| citizen and residing in Italy (ther'are still 7 years'
| awaiting to get the Italian passport) requires a visa
| for entering the UK?
| Generally, where you live and who you're married to doesn't have
| much to do with your visa requirements.

However in this case an EEA Family Permit may be an alternative to an
ordinary visitor's visa, so it does make a difference.

Owain

Old August 7th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Owain

"Miguel Cruz" wrote

Old August 8th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Bjorn Olsson

Miguel Cruz wrote in message ...
Jiminy wrote:
A lady holder of a Moroccan passport married to an Italian citizen and
residing in Italy (ther'are still 7 years' awaiting to get the Italian
passport) requires a visa for entering the UK?

Generally, where you live and who you're married to doesn't have much to do
with your visa requirements.

Well, it has a lot to do with it if you're a non-Schengen citizen
living in a Schengen country and/or married to a Schengen citizen. But
it (probably) makes no difference in this case, since the UK is not a
Schengen country.

Bjorn