Liberty Floated Out!

Old December 8th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Liberty Floated Out!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Carnival and thought it would be of
interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

NEW 110,000-TON CARNIVAL LIBERTY FLOATED OUT

Ship Is On Schedule To Launch Carnival’s First Mediterranean Program
In July 2005

MIAMI December 8, 2004
Carnival Cruise Lines’ new 110,000-ton Carnival Liberty was floated
out of its outfitting dock at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone,
Italy, earlier this week.

The initial stages of a cruise ship’s construction take
place in a drydock facility. Once exterior outfitting is completed,
the drydock is filled with water and the ship is “floated out” and
moved to a wetdock facility where construction continues.

Following this significant milestone in Carnival Liberty’s
construction, interior outfitting has begun in preparation for the
line’s first-ever Mediterranean cruises beginning July 20, 2005. The
2,974-passenger Carnival Liberty will be the largest ship in the
contemporary market sailing in Europe.

“Carnival Liberty promises to be a spectacular addition to
our fleet,” said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO. ”To
showcase our newest ‘Fun Ship,’ we’ve created an inaugural schedule
that includes port calls at historic and charming European cities, an
unforgettable transatlantic crossing and visits to tropical
destinations throughout the Caribbean.”

Carnival Liberty’s Mediterranean cruises will run through
October 2005, after which the vessel will sail on a 16-day
transatlantic crossing then launch year-round six- and eight-day
Caribbean cruises from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., beginning in November
2005.

12-Day Mediterranean Cruises, 16-Day Transatlantic Crossing

Carnival Liberty’s Mediterranean program will encompass
eight 12-day cruises operating round-trip from Rome (Civitavecchia)
July 20 – Oct. 12, 2005. Featured ports include Naples, Italy;
Dubrovnik, Croatia; Venice, Italy (two-day call); Messina, Sicily;
Barcelona, Spain; Cannes, France; and Livorno, Italy.

Following the 12-day Mediterranean cruises, Carnival Liberty will
operate a 16-day transatlantic voyage departing Rome (Civitavecchia)
Oct. 24, and arriving at Fort Lauderdale Nov. 9, 2005. Ports of call
include Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca and Malaga, Spain; Funchal
(Madeira), Portugal; and St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles.

Six- and Eight-Day Caribbean Cruises from Fort Lauderdale

The transatlantic voyage will position Carnival Liberty for an
innovative schedule of year-round six- and eight-day Caribbean cruises
from Fort Lauderdale beginning Nov. 12, 2005. This marks the first
time that Carnival has deployed a ship from Fort Lauderdale
year-round.

On this route, six-day cruises will depart Sundays and visit three
ports: George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico; and Freeport,
Bahamas; eight-day voyages will depart Saturdays and alternate to the
eastern and “exotic” western Caribbean.

Eight-day eastern Caribbean voyages will feature five ports: San Juan,
Puerto Rico; St. Thomas/St. John, U.S.V.I.; Antigua, Lesser Antilles;
Tortola/Virgin Gorda, B.V.I.; and Nassau, Bahamas. “Exotic” western
Caribbean cruises will include Limon, Costa Rica; Colon, Panama; and
Cozumel, Mexico.

Signature ‘Fun Ship’ Amenities

Among the largest passenger vessels at sea, Carnival
Liberty will encompass 13 passenger decks housing 22 lounges and bars,
a 13,300-square-foot health club, duty-free shopping mall,
nine-deck-high atrium, four swimming pools, a 214-foot-long cascading
water slide, an Internet café and a comprehensive golf program.

Dining options will include two formal restaurants, a
casual poolside eatery, an upscale reservations-only supper club, a
patisserie and complimentary 24-hour room service.

Of the ship’s 1,487 staterooms, 60 percent will offer an
ocean view with 60 percent of those featuring a private balcony.

Carnival currently is accepting reservations on all of Carnival
Liberty’s 2005 departures.

For additional information and reservations, contact any travel agent.

Carnival Cruise Lines is a proud member of the exclusive World’s
Leading Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Holland
America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, Windstar
Cruises and The Yachts of Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each
guest, and a commitment to quality and value, our member lines appeal
to a wide range of lifestyles and budgets. Together, we offer
exciting and enriching cruise vacations to the world’s most desirable
destinations.

Old December 10th, 2004, 01:18 AM
Jmpngtiger

Yeah, but they better "beef" up the seating for us "bloated Americans", at
least that's what I'm seeing on the NG. Ha Ha.

jt