Visiting Delhi, Rangoon and Ankor Wat

Old October 24th, 2006, 08:22 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
zxcvar

Default Visiting Delhi, Rangoon and Ankor Wat

Greetings! I was thinking of traveling from London to Delhi, Rangoon
and Angkor Wat. I want to stay in each place for few days. and the fly
back either to London or Tokyo. It seems there no flights from Delhi to
Rangoon and then to Angkor Wat. Any one has any suggestions? With
thanks.

Old October 24th, 2006, 09:18 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
PeterL

zxcvar wrote:
Greetings! I was thinking of traveling from London to Delhi, Rangoon
and Angkor Wat. I want to stay in each place for few days. and the fly
back either to London or Tokyo. It seems there no flights from Delhi to
Rangoon and then to Angkor Wat. Any one has any suggestions? With
thanks.

Delhi to Bangkok. From Bangkok either to Rangoon or Angkor Wat (Siem
Reap).

Old October 24th, 2006, 10:23 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

zxcvar wrote:
Greetings! I was thinking of traveling from London to Delhi, Rangoon
and Angkor Wat. I want to stay in each place for few days. and the fly
back either to London or Tokyo. It seems there no flights from Delhi to
Rangoon and then to Angkor Wat. Any one has any suggestions? With
thanks.

Rangoon is now called "Yangon".

To go to Angkor Wat, you need to fly to the nearby town of "Siem Reap".

Flights from both of those places go only to a small number of
destinations (so you will have to backtrack), but they are both only a
short flight from Bangkok.

See if you can get a ticket on Air India to Bangkok with a stopover in
Delhi, which would eliminate the need for a separate Delhi-Bangkok
ticket.

Bangkok Airways has some kind of airpass which gives you multiple
flights in the Southeast Asian region cheaply using Bangkok as a hub.
That may be useful for your Yangon and Siem Reap flights.

London - Delhi
Delhi - Bangkok
Bangkok - Yangon
Yangon - Bangkok