DC Motel - near Metro

Old March 5th, 2007, 05:05 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
T&V Seitz

Default DC Motel - near Metro

We are planning a several day trip to DC and do not want to continuously
drive/park. Would appreciate advice on reasonably priced motel within 1/4
mile walking distance of a Metro station. Want something clean in a safe
neighborhood, preferably with continental breakfast included if possible,
and no more than $200 per night (less if possible). Thanks.

Old March 5th, 2007, 06:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alan S[_1_]

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 00:05:59 -0500, "T&V Seitz"
wrote:

We are planning a several day trip to DC and do not want to continuously
drive/park. Would appreciate advice on reasonably priced motel within 1/4
mile walking distance of a Metro station. Want something clean in a safe
neighborhood, preferably with continental breakfast included if possible,
and no more than $200 per night (less if possible). Thanks.

Try one of the net booking systems:
www.expedia.com
www.hotwire.com
www.priceline.com

You can get some bargains. In '03 I had two nights at the
Capitol Hilton at $72 per night via priceline.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Epidaurus
Old March 15th, 2007, 03:02 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Anonymous[_1_]

Travelzoo has a best bet in DC of $129 per night at the Fairmont for
Thursday-Sunday nights in April and May. Check it out at
http://hotels.travelzoo.com/washington-dc-hotels/288091

Old March 17th, 2007, 12:03 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Mar 4, 10:05 pm, "T&V Seitz" wrote:
We are planning a several day trip toDCand do not want to continuously
drive/park. Would appreciate advice on reasonably pricedmotelwithin 1/4
mile walking distance of aMetrostation. Want something clean in a safe
neighborhood, preferably with continental breakfast included if possible,
and no more than $200 per night (less if possible). Thanks.

I'd recommend the Holiday Inn at Rosslyn in Arlington, VA. My husband
and I stayed there in Nov. '06. It is an older hotel, but has very
good staff
and nice 17th floor dinning room that serves a good full continental
breakfast
with wonderful views over the river to Georgetown( no breakfast on the
weekeds).
Be sure to ask about the rates that includes the breakfast.
Our room had a similar view of Georgetown and small balcony. About
1/4 mile to
the Rosslyn Metro. Nice walk over Key Bridge to Georgetown, to the
new
Swedish Embassy building, or to the Arlington cemetery and Marine
Iwo Jima Memorial.

Old March 17th, 2007, 01:09 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
JAlves

In article ,
"T&V Seitz" wrote:

We are planning a several day trip to DC and do not want to continuously
drive/park. Would appreciate advice on reasonably priced motel within 1/4
mile walking distance of a Metro station. Want something clean in a safe
neighborhood, preferably with continental breakfast included if possible,
and no more than $200 per night (less if possible). Thanks.

You may want to find a hotel that is out-side DC itself. Get a map of
the metro and look for the nearest station to the direction you are
coming from. Then go on-line and look for hotels that are near that
station.

--
Please reply to the group, not by email. The email address in the
header is not valid unless you remove the obvious.
Old March 17th, 2007, 11:39 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Russell Patterson

wrote:

We are planning a several day trip to DC and do not want to continuously
drive/park. Would appreciate advice on reasonably priced motel within 1/4
mile walking distance of a Metro station. Want something clean in a safe
neighborhood, preferably with continental breakfast included if possible,
and no more than $200 per night (less if possible). Thanks.

Check out the Holiday Inn on Wisconsin Ave, in Chevy Chase. The rates
there are about the cheapest in the area, and it is a real nice area.
During the week the rates are about 179 + Tax that brings it up to
just a little over $200, but on weekends the rates go down. The Metro
is only about two blocks south, along which you will think you are
strolling along 5th Ave in NYC, when you look at the stores.
Old March 18th, 2007, 02:49 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

T&V Seitz wrote:
We are planning a several day trip to DC and do not want to continuously
drive/park. Would appreciate advice on reasonably priced motel within
1/4 mile walking distance of a Metro station. Want something clean in a
safe neighborhood, preferably with continental breakfast included if
possible, and no more than $200 per night (less if possible). Thanks.

The Quality Inn in College Park is within walking distance of Metro,
but the hotel is old and may not meet your standards. The walk is
probably 1/2 mile but they have a free shuttle (tip the driver). You can
call for a pick-up when you get back to the station if it's not too
late. Continental breakfast is included. There's a good diner right next
door. Free WiFi. I think we paid $69/night.

The neighborhood you walk through to the Metro station is fine, mostly
older homes. I didn't feel unsafe at all.

See "http://www.qualityinn.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=MD021"

The newer hotels are usually out by the beltway, and are nicer, but
aren't near the metro.

Also check out downtown Silver Spring MD for hotels.