Beverages purchased airside banned from carry-on?

Old February 19th, 2012, 04:57 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air
Runge 132

Default Beverages purchased airside banned from carry-on?

why should we follow TSA rules ??!!

"John Keiser" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

I bought a bottle of water after screening while waiting to leave on a
flight from Rangoon. It was confiscated when I moved 50 feet to the gate.
Burma does not follow TSA rules.

A different complaint is that of passengers with a stop over who buy
expensive booze duty free in one country and forget that they have a change
of planes which may require additional screening. I saw a young man get
very agitated when his bottle of Patron purchased at duty free in Honolulu
was confiscated as he changed planes in Manial en route to Bangkok.

wrote in message
Are there any rules that say drinks purchased airside cannot be
brought on board? Should passengers generally be aware of this
prohibition? Or does this only apply to nonalcoholic beverages
purchased from the airside vendors, while the clearly flammable
liquors and performs purchased from the duty-free shops are allowed?

When we boarded our ICN to SFO flight, we were told that the US
government (presumably the TSA) had reached across the Pacific Ocean
demanded an additional security screening at the Seoul airport. Many
people had the drinks that they had purchased airside confiscated.
Everyone claimed that they thought these beverages, some still in
sealed packages, were allowed with their carryon luggage. At the same
time, other passengers were allowed to add their duty-free purchases
to things they carried on board; most of these contained alcohol and
clearly were hazardous materials.

If clearly hazardous liquids were allowed in large quantites, why
would they prohibit liquids that were probably innocuous? How would
they react to mother’s milk or baby formula?

This kind of arrogance coupled with the obviously illogical and
inconsistent application of some secret rules can only reinforce the
TSA’s well-earned reputation.