Favorite Airline?

Old March 11th, 2008, 02:36 AM
miki2008 miki2008 is offline
Member

Default Favorite Airline?

What is your favorite airline to fly on? Why do you like that airline so much? In addition to your favorite airline, which airlines do you hate and would not fly on every again?
Old March 11th, 2008, 12:03 PM posted to rec.travel.air
A Mate[_2_]

Malaysian Air.

Why - because it flies daily out of Brisbane my home to Kuala Lumpur, which
makes a great hub to get almost everywhere. It has an excellent FF program
(Enrich). Service is good. Aircraft fairly new.

Wary of - Garuda. Safety record is dodgy.

--
miki2008

'Disney Vacation Rentals' (http://www.disney-vacationrentals.com)
'Hawaii Vacation Rentals' (http://www.hawaii-beach-vacationrentals.com)

'Greece Vacation Rentals' (http://www.greece-holiday-homes.com)

Old March 11th, 2008, 02:54 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Turan Fettahoglu

Default AW: Favorite Airline?

What is your favorite airline to fly on? Why do you like that airline so
much? In addition to your favorite airline, which airlines do you hate
and would not fly on every again?

Favourite: QANTAS. They pamper passengers on their long-distance flights,
have a good safety record, good food and friendly staff.

My Never-Never airlines have one thing in common: they do not exist any
more, so other passengers might have shared my opinion about them:
- TWA: old planes, bureaucratic ground staff (their logo might have meant
"red tape"!), overbooked flights and bad food.
- Air Sul (Portugal): old planes, hardly any legroom even for short persons
like me, no good food and no complimentary drinks.

One more airline:
- Istanbul Airlines (Turkey): everyone knew their Caravelles and 727s were
older than old and they did not have a good reputation, but my four flights
with their old rattletraps were all right.

Old March 12th, 2008, 09:08 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Harry

On Mar 11, 2:36*pm, miki2008
wrote:
What is your favorite airline to fly on? Why do you like that airline so
much? In addition to your favorite airline, which airlines do you hate
and would not fly on every again?

--
miki2008

'Disney Vacation Rentals' (http://www.disney-vacationrentals.com)
'Hawaii Vacation Rentals' (http://www.hawaii-beach-vacationrentals.com)

'Greece Vacation Rentals' (http://www.greece-holiday-homes.com)

Top two that I have flown on would have to be Air New Zealand and
Qantas. Air NZ is amazing for long-haul flights. Best food I've ever
had on an airline. A very good AVOD system on all classes and the
staff are excellent. Very good legroom on economy. The premium economy
is good as well. Business class food, private cabin, large recline and
seat rest. The business premier is possibly the best business class
I've ever flown. A 1-2-1 seating configuration.

Qantas is good as well. Food is nice. Legroom not as much as others
but a good AVOD entertainment system as well. Their first class
lounges in Sydney and Melbourne are so nice you don't want to get on
the plane.

Both have very good lounges. In terms of domestic services. Qantas is
definetly better within NZ and Australia domestically.

American Airlines have to be the worst airline I've ever flown on.